JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So a guy from Milwaukie OR reached out to me with an issue with his Western Security safe. Seems he inherited it from his dad, but he couldn't open the thing. I walked him through the process over the phone, but no luck. Both he and his wife tried it. I was very specific and I believe they were doing it correctly. Maybe the combo had been changed at some point and not recorded. The numbers surprised me, as the first and third numbers of the combo are the same.

So the question, anyone know a locksmith in Milwaukie who could help?

P

I would try transposing one of the identical numbers, starting with the third number first. Maybe the dad wrote it down wrong, or on purpose.
I know there is a set of numbers that shouldn't be used as the last number, since it's too close to the zero mark for the last combo number.
Between 95 - 12 as it's too close to the bolt retrieval gate when spinning the dial to retract the bolt.

Last Edited:
Have him contact Western Security Safes down in Eugene, maybe they have a record of the combo or some advice in what's the best way to break into it.

Have him contact Western Security Safes down in Eugene, maybe they have a record of the combo or some advice in what's the best way to break into it.
Western Security has gone out of business, my dad Wayde Wheeler started and ran Western Security for over 25 years. He still gets phone calls from people that have locked themselves out of their safes and such. His phone number hasn't changed in 40years.

So a guy from Milwaukie OR reached out to me with an issue with his Western Security safe. Seems he inherited it from his dad, but he couldn't open the thing. I walked him through the process over the phone, but no luck. Both he and his wife tried it. I was very specific and I believe they were doing it correctly. Maybe the combo had been changed at some point and not recorded. The numbers surprised me, as the first and third numbers of the combo are the same.

So the question, anyone know a locksmith in Milwaukie who could help?

P
I know the man that built that safe ..... My dad Wayde Wheeler started and operated Western Security Gun Safes for 25+ years. He still to this day has people call him needing help with their safes his phone number has been the same since he had his safe business 5414610181 He may be able to help.

I know the man that built that safe ..... My dad Wayde Wheeler started and operated Western Security Gun Safes for 25+ years. He still to this day has people call him needing help with their safes his phone number has been the same since he had his safe business 5414610181 He may be able to help.
Thank you!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top