JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My safe gets opened and closed several times a week and the guns inside are shot frequently. As such they get cleaned and re-oiled frequently. I don't concern myself with temp swings or fancy dessicant containers. If I were to store the firearms for any length of time a "rust control bag" would be used on each individual firearm.

I too am in the position now to start storing guns in the unheated garage. Family is expanding by one and that means my gun safe / wifes craft room is being turned into a nursery. From what I have read above, a good dehumidifier / heater in a good safe is the best option?

Has anyone had any problems storing their guns in the cold? I once had mine in a safe in the laundry room. The dryer hose popped off and filled the room with humid hot air. It took hours with 000 steel wool and nearly a gallon of oil to get everything back to normal.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top