JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So Im thinking about adding some stippling to my XDm and wanted some thoughts from others on this. I just stippled an old shotgun stock for practice and to try it out and it came out pretty good. Im a little sketchy on doin to the XDm though because its permanent. Ive played with a couple stippled guns and really like em. If anyone has done this or had it done, would you mind throwing up a pic or two? I need some opinions soon; had surgery today and Im gonna be laid up for a few weeks and Im extremely bored already. (In some pretty good pain but really, REALLY high!!! :cool:) I would greatly appreciate your guys opinions. Thanks.

I've done my own. I stayed within the grip pattern on my Glocks, added only where my hands make contact. I don't care for the complete stippling of grip areas like others have done. I've also done PMags, again following the existing grip pattern.
20130525_083244_resized.jpg 20130525_083334_resized.jpg

20130525_083244_resized.jpg

20130525_083334_resized.jpg

This is the first gun I did. Using a standard harbor freight tip. Comes out pretty large and aggressive.

Here is my Glock. Just the frame flats and trigger guard area. Using the same tip ground down to thumbtack size. Take your time, go slow. I don't buy guns to sell them. I could care less about resale value. I undercut the trigger guard with a dremel as well.

here is my BCM AR grip

DSC00954.jpg 7C973F2A-C86B-4DA8-9F0B-4D7B1750AD31-431-0000000339055F1F.jpg 6C66C866-BFF3-453B-80DB-716A2EBB8E70-431-000000033409EF47.jpg 257CB97A-1361-45ED-897A-D0FABE12BC29-3964-00000213260E976E.jpg

I like the pics, thanks guys. Did some more practice on the shotgun stock and I seem to bedoin it well. How/with what was the backstrap on the MP40 stippled? I tried dragging the iron on the stock but dont seem to be doin it correctly. Poking a bunch of holes is time consuming. Im still not confident with doin it to my XD yet. What about grip reduction before stippling?

I used an industrial Weller soldering iron with a small tip that I ground down with a Dremel tool to be more of point. The shotgun stock & M&P backstrap are much softer than polymer, they take less work to do. It was also textured already so the bumps helped with getting that woodgrain texture. But, you want to drag the tip more than press down like a pencil when doing the woodgrain. The small holes on the other backstrap is done with the same small tip but like a tattoo machine.

So, is this like putting grip tape on a skate-board?

I'm not trying to be negative, I've just never heard the word "Stippling"

These grips all look excellent! Even the S&W done with the large tip looks pretty darned good. If I needed better a grip stippling is an inexpensive way to go. I am not qualified to comment on cosmetics or resale value. I'm sure that there are many butchered grips out there.

They feel better than they look and that is the goal. Polymer frame guns can get "slippery" in your hand if you sweat a lot. If you have ever been to Front Sight you know what I'm talking about.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top