JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sunday before last at approximately 0230 hours, a Kiezer, Oregon resident was awakened by a home intruder. Home intruder was promptly shot dead!
This is just a reminder that everyone should be prepared for this type of occurrence. Have a plan and the tools to defend your Castle, at all times.
I'm a sucker for a story with a happy ending.

I need to get a doormat that says "Welcome… to misery" on it.
Remember, it's our job not to set the tone against lawbreakers. The government can display warning signs but if we do it sets off an intention to kill.

Your honor, this drugged out felon was merely breaking in this occupied home. The home owner has obviously be laying in wait 35 years. He was wear Punisher pajamas. Surely, he intended to kill.

This is just a reminder that everyone should be prepared for this type of occurrence.
Yes.

There is a hilly wooded area behind my suburban South Salem neighborhood where some kind of gang banger is living in a tree fort (gang tattoos, shaved head, according to witnesses). He's probably on the lamb, so not the typical "homeless". Anyway this guy made death threats against one of our neighbors who was walking his dog in the woods. He has also stolen property, including a car that was later recovered by police. He is likely using & selling hard drugs, to the extent he is paranoid and dangerous. It has made neighbors fearful of going out in the evening.

Anyway, my point is, you'd never know driving through our neighborhood that we were dealing with this issue. Oregon is a very permissive state and has attracted a lot of bottom feeders who feel safe here. The era of leaving your doors unlocked is long over.

Yes.

There is a hilly wooded area behind my suburban South Salem neighborhood where some kind of gang banger is living in a tree fort (gang tattoos, shaved head, according to witnesses). He's probably on the lamb, so not the typical "homeless". Anyway this guy made death threats against one of our neighbors who was walking his dog in the woods. He has also stolen property, including a car that was later recovered by police. He is likely using & selling hard drugs, to the extent he is paranoid and dangerous. It has made neighbors fearful of going out in the evening.

Anyway, my point is, you'd never know driving through our neighborhood that we were dealing with this issue. Oregon is a very permissive state and has attracted a lot of bottom feeders who feel safe here. The era of leaving your doors unlocked is long over.
It depends on who the neighbors voted for whether I care or not…

I was talking to a neighbor of my parents who had their car broken into. (The neighbors are prominently very liberal).

They were complaining about crime to me and I said, "well that's what happens when liberals continue to vote for politicians that promote lawlessness and criminals know they can basically do anything without punishment."

She looked at me like, "I can't believe you told me the truth - how dare you."

You are 100% correct.

They'll find a way to blame it on capitalism rather than admit failed policy. The solution? More taxes and more services, of course. Because when something clearly doesn't work, do it again bigger.

...For people who loudly preach "science" there is a distinct lack of rigor and logic.

I was talking to a neighbor of my parents who had their car broken into. (The neighbors are prominently very liberal).

They were complaining about crime to me and I said, "well that's what happens when liberals continue to vote for politicians that promote lawlessness and criminals know they can basically do anything without punishment."

She looked at me like, "I can't believe you told me the truth - how dare you."
I have angered more than a few at work with that. They come to me yapping about "crime". I say this is what the people here keep voting for. The one's who did vote for it, show it on their face as soon as I say it. They get angry because they know they voted for this. They can enjoy it.

Sunday before last at approximately 0230 hours, a Kiezer, Oregon resident was awakened by a home intruder. Home intruder was promptly shot dead!
This is just a reminder that everyone should be prepared for this type of occurrence. Have a plan and the tools to defend your Castle, at all times.
Love a happy ending. Sorry for the home owner that they had to take out the trash but, still happy ending to a bad situation.

Happens multiple times a day here and only some are reported on.

To me "defending your castle" is defeating them before they ever have the chance to enter your home but I've talked about that on other threads so won't waste time here.

Happens multiple times a day here and only some are reported on.

To me "defending your castle" is defeating them before they ever have the chance to enter your home but I've talked about that on other threads so won't waste time here.
Sadly if you do the law may make your life miserable for a good while up here. Sad that it has come to this but, we have to live with what we have here. :(

IIRC, there were 3 similar incidents in N Salem (near Keizer) just a bit before we moved south to Medford area. Around 4 1/2 years ago.

I believe 2 turned out with the homeowners uninjured & dirtbags injured/deceased.

1 however turned out with the homeowner being killed. Don't remember well if the dirt bag was also killed or injured, or what.
====
So far down near in our current area (suburbia/rural line Medford), there haven't been any "simple" armed home invasions/armed home break-ins.

Plenty of "normal" break-ins, just as anywhere else with population density. Less so as housing gets less dense, ie less out towards suburbia heading into rural country. However, as @arakboss can testify to, rural CAN get hit & hit bad...

The armed ones down here "seem to be" directly drug related. So far. However some have been the legal drug trade/legal grow operations getting hit.

NB: such is all over the US. We just came back from South Carolina yesterday. Some long time family friends had someone trying to gain entry to their home (gated community) at 4am just last tuesday. First instance of such in their community since they bought, over a decade ago.

On that trip we had a handful of conversations with folks being concerned about their personal safety & considering taking firearms classes/buying firearms etc. Rather unusual compared with prior trips.

Last Edited:
So far down near in our current area (suburbia/rural line Medford), there haven't been any "simple" armed home invasions/armed home break-ins.

Plenty odirectlyd break-ins, just as anywhere else with population density. Less so as housing gets less dense, ie less out towards suburbia heading into rural country. However, as @arakboss can testify to, rural CAN get hit & hit bad...

The armed ones down here "seem to be" directoy drug related. So far. However some have been the legal drug trade/legal grow operations getting hit.
This has LONG been a reason to be careful when you move. I have long warned people when they move to a new place to be extra careful for a while. You don't know what the people who lived there before you were doing. Shortly after meeting Wife we got a nice place. 1st of the month 3 welfare checks (they used to mail them) in 3 different names show up in the mail, next day another one in yet another name shows up. Couple days later some gal is knocking on the door, gives her name, said she is missing a "Government check". I told her I got 4 of them, in 4 different names, marked all and sent them back. :D
The look on her face was not pleased, like I cared. Months later Wife wakes up middle of the night, to someone pounding on the front door yelling incoherently. He is only alive today because he did not defeat the lock. I have no doubt he was drunk and looking for one of the women who used to live there. Had one upside. That was the last time Wife complained about money I was "wasting" on guns. :D

Yes.

Lure him out or not and cut down the tree!

IIRC, there were 3 similar incidents in N Salem (near Keizer) just a bit before we moved south to Medford area. Around 4 1/2 years ago.

I believe 2 turned out with the homeowners uninjured & dirtbags injured/deceased.

1 however turned out with the homeowner being killed. Don't remember well if the dirt bag was also killed or injured, or what.
====

Plenty of "normal" break-ins, just as anywhere else with population density. Less so as housing gets less dense, ie less out towards suburbia heading into rural country. However, as @arakboss can testify to, rural CAN get hit & hit bad...

The armed ones down here "seem to be" directly drug related. So far. However some have been the legal drug trade/legal grow operations getting hit.

NB: such is all over the US. We just came back from South Carolina yesterday. Some long time family friends had someone trying to gain entry to their home (gated community) at 4am just last tuesday. First instance of such in their community since they bought, over a decade ago.

On that trip we had a handful of conversations with folks being concerned about their personal safety & considering taking firearms classes/buying firearms etc. Rather unusual compared with prior trips.
I think there is a tendency by folks to look for a reason as to why the invader chose that particular house to break into.Assuming the homeowner did something to bring this on themselves. Please don't do that.
Frankly, I don't care! Enter without permission and expect to be rolled out on a gurney or carried in a bag.

I think there is a tendency by folks to look for a reason as to why the invader chose that particular house to break into.Assuming the homeowner did something to bring this on themselves. Please don't do that.
Frankly, I don't care! Enter without permission and expect to be rolled out on a gurney or carried in a bag.
Sigh...

There is a distinct difference between armed & unarmed robbery. IMO, everyone should keep a general eye towards the crime trends in whichever community you live.

In our community, currently, armed home invasion is EXTREMELY rare. Unarmed home invasion is not. Both can be met with the use of lethal force.

Does this wording suit your preferred hearing better?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top