JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Would you rather teach your kids about how to order a Starbucks, or how to make peach cobbler in the Dutch?
Would you rather teach your kid how to sit around a Starbucks and pontificate about Jersey shore, or sit around a camp fire, and wittle on a stick?

Cause the growth of Starbucks, is much greater than the sales of camping equipment, and Dutch ovens.

This is just a thought, and probably not a great comparison. But, you get my drift. Let's put our Time, where our mouth is....

Not sure what that is.
I've heard of latte though.
We don't drink coffee.
My kids are 8 and younger.
They do know how to double arm bar your Sally boys though.
;)

Not sure what that is.
I've heard of latte though.
We don't drink coffee.
My kids are 8 and younger.
They do know how to double arm bar your Sally boys though.
;)

My son just started wrestling at the high school. His instinct is to always got for the choke, and his coaches have to remind him not to during the matches (lots of MMA classes).

PEACH COBBLER! PEACH COBBLER!
Oh damn, now i really want some peach cobbler.

my kids grow up around us making food. in the kitchen. from scratch. we can, preserve, bake, grill, butcher, grow, etc. it's fun. the kids love it.
my kids grow up around the garage, too. we work on motorcycles, cars, construction on the house, etc. they trail along with everything i do. the kids love it and i love it.
i started teaching my daughter how to weld @ 6 years old. oxy/ace, tig and mig.

and now? now i'm going to go find some damned peaches and make some peach cobbler. and my kids are going to help.

If the sale of camping gear is down then how come every camping site in the state is booked well in advance of every holiday theres not snow on the ground?

Both our grand daughters can already make cookies and cup cakes and pancakes and both know how to gut a fish and bait a hook. They turn 5 and 6 in late Feb.

As to my kids Hmmm. My daughter has a hard time making boiling water but she could remove you appendics in an emergancy and Ihave seen her stictch up a cut as well as any surgen (shes an ex Navy corspman) My son cooks for his unit on San Clemete Island Where they maintain the Avaition Navigation Beacons and their duty station/Shop is to far to get back and forth to the base chow hall within the time allowed and still maintain the number of guys they need to be ready for a break down. He was shooting and camping as an infant. Pretty sure he can handle his own camp fire. You should try his scratch made Jalipanio Poppers made with ground sausage Bacon and Cream cheeze.

We'll leave the girly coffee to the city slickers, never been in a Starbucks or any other such place. Not sure about the peaches either as we dont take fruit camping thats what blackberry briers, apple trees and whatever else is ripe is for.

on the plus side: Starbucks is pro-2A.
too bad their coffee is terrible.
Stumptown, Cellar Door, Oblique, Heart, so many awesome local roasters...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top