JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love that movie
"Quigly down under"
Especially that line near the end.
"This isn't Doge City and You aren't Wyatt Earp"
The guys laying there ventilated with the WTF look on his face.
The "carry in events" are what got the anti's all stirred up and caused this turn in their policy.
A better plan would have been just business as usual and a nice thank you letter for their stance.
I am betting if more carry in events like that happen at places, a lot of OC folks will have that look on their faces when hundreds or thousands of similar signs go up.
Just OC if you want, but be a hit more sensible about it. If you try to draw attention to yourself in not good ways it will bite you in the azz.
Antis are a venomous brainless lot and most have a lot of time while they stay at home feeding off our taxes. They put it to use putting a stink on everything they can.

I agree with the concept you present, the problem for those whom do not have concealed carrys public announcements like this help enforce legislators that the public is not happy with open carry.
It takes a few non-gun shops to start stating no open carry and soon it will be the norm.

Now that said, listen up closely. California started just like that when Berkly and Davis would not allow open carry way back when, and slowly they eliminated all open carry in the state. It started with a small restaurant in both liberal towns and two decades later it was banned, I know that because I was in California until the mid 90's and it was moving along then.

Now those that think Starbuck saying no guns and Hardware stores saying no guns, just remember what I posted and people in California in the 1980's laughed that they would ever lose open carry, now you can barely get a concealed only a few years after open carry was banned.

Beware and do your research people................no ban anywhere is innocent.

This isn't a ban. I'm not sure why people cannot comprehend that. He went out of his way to say it wasn't a ban. He said he was respectfully asking you not to open carry in his stores so as to keep them out of the debate and not scare people (because regardless of whether it should or should not, it still does scare people). And guess what? The employees won't do anything if you do anyway. Nada. They will ignore the gun and serve you coffee just like before. They were even required to watch a video on how to IGNORE the gun and serve the customer if they open carry anyway.

I fully respect his choice to make his stores "safer" Now he gets to respect my choice to make me safer(no quotes) by buying my coffee elsewhere. And my "I love and coffee" hat is officially retired.

Smoking is different to me. People shouldn't have been smoking inside buildings anyway. I'm a smoker. I don't smoke in my own house so why should I smoke in someone else's house or building? If we could control where the second hand smoke went, that'd be different, but I'm a full supporter of not smoking around non-smokers. I don't think this is a good comparison. Open carrying will not harm anyone 99.99% of the time (unless a need to protect arises). You can't say that about second hand smoke. The residue, the stink, etc... guns don't cause any of that. Cigarette smoke does.

Also, big places like Disneyland still provides for smokers. I was shocked (but happy given I'm a smoker) that a family place even had a smoker's hangout. The one in California had two. Yes, we had a find it, and it's out of the way, but they still cater to smokers.

Wasn't his message due to some people bringing in long rifles strapped to their backs and causing a ruckus? Both sides seem to go a lil overboard in their protests at times. I applaud those that just cruise into places open carrying without a fuss versus walking in with a swagger going look at my gun, yes I have a gun and look at me attitude. I was picking up the wife from work the other day (Freddies) and I saw a guy open carrying, mentioned it to the wife and she said he comes in all the time. I asked her if there were ever any other customer complaints and she said no. He just comes in all pleasant like and most people don't even notice he has it on.

I agree, but thats how it starts. Remember no smoking laws ? ( i'm not a smoker)
How did they start ? First a few places asked you not do it, then places banned it. Then cities put Ordinances, then the state .
You have to understand this is how it works they test the waters dipping a toe, then wade in, and before you know it they are swimming in
the ocean when it started as puddle.
Sure saying please don't now is safe for them, but if public support says hey cool SB says no guns, then they will start banning trust me it just can't stop there. It never does.
I agree with what you said, but it won't stop there is why I personally fear any time a person takes public to limit a gun access.
I have a CHL and my fear is the threat to open carry.

Thanks

SW

You are 100% correct, but most wont listen...........
Kind of like standing on the tracks with a bullet train coming and daring it to hit them.
The problem lies in, it will cause collateral damage to all 2nd amendment defenders. :s0054:

Its the carry in events that did the damage. Not those just going about their daily life.

As a business man he had to do something though.

Why?

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Not to insult the younger members

Nah, 28yo originally from Roseburg; not an insult at all, but that's only because the youth today are being raised by liberals in a society that believes that we should take from the haves and give to the have-nots. Kids are being instructed that there are things that are free in life, and they don't actually cost anything.

I have a CHL, and I prefer not to open carry. However, I'll never advocate that the open carry get's any further restriction. That said, I see open carry as an excuse/blip in the radar for liberal gun haters. For example, I've said this earlier, but Ginny Burdick didn't think about restricting carry in the capital, until the gun rally.

Think about it like Arrested Development, "children shall be neither seen nor heard". IMO, this holds true for guns. I carry legally concealed, and for the most part, unless the gun grabbers somehow spot my piece, unlikely, my gun is neither seen nor heard. Therefore, it's completely off of the radar.

These instances where someone tries to normalize people to guns by open carrying an AR, and walking down the street, it highlights that it is a completely legal action done by the individual. A legal action that the gun grabbers tend to forget about until it's in front of them, and then they try to legislate it.

Dutch Bros is WAY more Hippy Liberal. If they were not drive-up you can bet they would have a "no guns" sign on their door.

And I will buy my coffee at Starbucks if I cant find a DB around, and CC at both.

How many Starbucks employees shot (and killed) a bad guy robbing their store? ZERO.
How many at Dutch Bros.? 1.

I'll continue to patronize Starbucks, I just hope the open carry imbeciles don't.

If I don't know you, don't be waving a firearm around me.
Especially in a private business. Double especially in my business.
I'm as progun, and OC as it gets.
But unless I know you and tell you it's OK, keep the OC outside.

It is a "request" and as such that leaves it up to the individual. I will continue to conceal carry there but I would respect the "request" and not open carry there..........not that I would have anyway.

The fact that they closed their store in newtown to prevent a firearm friendly demonstration sealed the deal for me.

I was a huuuuge fan of starbucks and would get my guys at work starbucks gift cards every few months. That ended when I read that article the other day.

That fact that they openly speak for rights for gays, etc and refuse to support rights of firearms owners dumb founds me. For anyone to fight for one groups rights and not others proves you have no idea what rights are or that you should be able to express your opinion in any regard.

It is a "request" and as such that leaves it up to the individual. I will continue to conceal carry there but I would respect the "request" and not open carry there..........not that I would have anyway.

No disrespect to you but they are also requesting the CHL holders to not carry on their premisses as well. Just the LEOS are welcome...not requested.

That fact that they openly speak for rights for gays, etc and refuse to support rights of firearms owners dumb founds me. For anyone to fight for one groups rights and not others proves you have no idea what rights are or that you should be able to express your opinion in any regard.

Dead on.
Besides they steal money for flavored water and dry bland cardboard food.
$5 coffee and $2.50 for a cookie you can buy 3 dozen for 5.99 at the supermarket. I would rather send that $$ to the NRA, GOA or OFF.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top