JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Starbucks just posted a notice saying they would like if customers did not bring guns into their stores.

It is not a policy just a "Request"

Just thought I would update you coffee drinking gun totin' fellas.

"For these reasons, today we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer bring firearms into our stores or outdoor seating areas—even in states where "open carry" is permitted—unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel."

That's enough for me. No more Starbucks coffee for me. I'm happy to spend my money elsewhere.

Thanks for the heads up Dyjital.

"For those who champion "open carry," please respect that Starbucks stores are places where everyone should feel relaxed and comfortable. The presence of a weapon in our stores is unsettling and upsetting for many of our customers."

Unless the firearm is attached to a LEOs side. Then its OK?
What bull crap.

O'well, bye Starbucks.

"For those who champion “open carry,” please respect that Starbucks stores are places where everyone should feel relaxed and comfortable. The presence of a weapon in our stores is unsettling and upsetting for many of our customers."

Unless the firearm is attached to a LEOs side. Then its OK?
What bull crap.

O'well, bye Starbucks.

Yep. Bye Starbucks. I'll work to get everyone I know to go elsewhere. Most people just don't know better.

Starbucks reminds me of dating crazy Dawn the psych nurse...I kept going back regardless of the pain. I keep telling myself $4.10 for my Grande Soy Latte is the final nail in the coffin....if I can only break the addiction :)

Besides, who cares what their policy is. Concealed carry is concealed carry. In today's environment open carry is for those who are simply trying to make a statement. Things have changed and the world is full of frightened idiot females and effeminate mangina sporting males....quit scaring the sheep guys.

I conceal carry daily and into Starbucks frequently. Nobody has complained once! Its too bad that Schultz was forced to act but he is trying to please as many as he can. His rule is just that. Not even a ban. I think that it says a lot that he didn't go as far as to outright ban guns. As a business man he had to do something though. Just my thoughts...

I think he made it clear it wasn't a ban nor was it a "policy". He politely *asked* that people don't open carry due to them being dragged into the politics of this debate. If you're flipping out over it, you can thank yourselves for making their neutral stance into something it wasn't with the T-shirts and "appreciation days". I think they just want to make coffee. I think they've proved that by NOT making it a policy or a ban. They don't want to be in this fight.. they want to make coffee.

You really can't blame them. They tried to do what's right and people turned it into something it wasn't... and now they want out of it. I think it ends there. To imply differently and call for a boycott is silly.

He is the CEO of a publicly held company, with a responsibility to make money for the stockholders. I doubt if 2A rights are a priority of the stockholders or the majority of the customers. This would not have happened if the open carry proponents gave a damn about the fright they put into a lot of people. This is not isolated to Starbucks, either. The guy toting his rifle near the schoolyard in Hillsboro, and folks like him are doing gun owners no service. There will be a backlash, and we will have to fight to preserve our rights because of it. I know some of you believe we will "normalize" this behavior, by letting people see open carry with no problems, but frightening people who don't understand usually never leads to a normal reaction from them, they just get more frightened.

Then I request that Schultz fists himself to the elbow. Liberal d0uchebag.

Seriously? :s0077: You're blaming the wrong person. His hand was forced by folks who just had to make sure that EVERYONE knows they are carrying a gun. Why folks had to force politics into drinking coffee is beyond me.

Seriously? :s0077: You're blaming the wrong person. His hand was forced by folks who just had to make sure that EVERYONE knows they are carrying a gun. Why folks had to force politics into drinking coffee is beyond me.

If I was Mr.Shultz, I would have stood with the 2nd Amendment people like he was apparently doing before he asked all firearm carriers ( except for LEO) to keep their firearms away from his stores.

I think, he was pro-2nd because he let it happen in his stores for a while without immediately stopping it. Now, I believe, he was forced but he still wants business from both sides but may still agree with the firearms side of the thing.

Maybe? But once he openly stated that he does not want any firearms (except for police officers carrying firearms) in Starbucks then he has choosing a side. Anti-firearm.

There is one good coffee stand in Moscow on the Willamette (eugene)
Bad Azz with s's, Pretty good dark stuff there.
Like the Bad Azz cups they use :D

Maybe? But once he openly stated that he does not want any firearms (except for police officers carrying firearms) in Starbucks then he has choosing a side. Anti-firearm.

And I could careless about Starbucks position on open carry. They still serve the best hot chocolate anywhere and I will still frequent the business.

It seems to me that getting one's panties in a bunch about a business that is non-firearm related and its position on open carry or even concealed carry is time wasted. I've been in numerous firearm businesses that have treated either myself or others poorly. Those are the businesses that I feel personally boycotting says more than boycotting a coffee business who has decided open carry isn't what it wants.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top