JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Woke up to shouting at 4:35 in front of my house. A young gal, upset, with a large butcher knife pacing around, cursing and challenging police to kill her.

She was beating on the hood of the police car. Police backed way up, are asking for her to "Just come and talk to us".

She's yelled "Just do it" A couple of times.

The apartments are two, 2 story buildings facing each other with a wide common area/ drive between them. The gal is pacing back and forth between the buildings. This may be a lovers quarrel. Her partner has been at the door talking to the gal. Police are set way back on the road...Just said "I'm going to call you ok?"

"I'm NOT BACKING DOWN!" Cop says "he wants to help her". Her reply " For once you want to help my people?"

Cop had her name wrong. That made her more angry. Still pacing, "Don't give a f", Still has knife.

Cops have moved up closer now. At least 7 that I can see. All together trying to speak to her. "We wanna help" "We're not Central oregon police". I can see the discussing, gesture, how to circle around behind. Gal is holding knife to her throat, sobbing.

It's over. They got her to put the knife down, Wifey thinks it was neighbor who's always into everyone's business. Nice guy though. Wifey saw him laying on the pavement, to show non aggressive, maybe. Guy on the ground was asking if he could go with her when/if she gave up. Cops said yes.

A couple of other of the gal's neighbors were out there trying to help, after the knife was dropped, touching her, trying to calm. Police stood around watching ,talking calmly.

Musta' been 13, maybe more PPD. Plain clothes too. Supervisors maybe? Saw the bean-bag shotgun.

Looks to me like they didn't cuff her as the walked her to the ambulance that had pulled up close to the apartments at this time. Looked to maybe have her is a mild wrist hold thing? Gal was crying a bit, and a couple three people from the apartments were there walking with her to the ambulance.

Last Edited:
I'm really glad the PP weren't forced to shoot this gal. It looked pretty close to them using the bean bag gun. They'd pulled an suv cruiser up in front of the driveway and were standing behind it as they talked to her.

Kudos to Portland Police for their service. They stood out in the cold without heavy clothing for over an hour dealing with a very upset, irrational person.

I have the utmost respect for our officers in the Portland Police Department. People having little to no respect for police in general is akin to the way firearms owners are treated. Treated poorly because a very few of them are poor examples.

Just wait 'till summer in my hood. That's when the bass knob on the stereos get's turned to full power to the woofer. The drug dealer across the street takes his "Fine" car outa' the garage. It has an alarm that a fart a block and a half away will set off. And every one likes to stand around in the front smoking weed and talking loud 'til midnight.

Glad everything worked out ok there Mike, nothing like the sound of shots fired to wake you in the morning... I worked in Kalifornication for a few years off and on when I could hearing and some places it was like clockwork...:(

This is why I live on 20 acres on a mountain

In the past 5 years the most ruckus we have had up here has been one of the neighbor's dogs attacking another dog.

In my dreams! I, am, so, sick, of, this, city........If all I had to deal with were the snow flakes and the homeless, I could. No, I also have to deal with Multco, Portland AND the state. Seeing the waste of money, and then the ensuing increase in fees and taxes, on anything and everything. The latest in PDX is the "20 IS PLENTY" signs. There mast be several hundred thousand around in people's lawns.

Glad everything worked out ok there Mike, nothing like the sound of shots fired to wake you in the morning... I worked in Kalifornication for a few years off and on when I could hearing and some places it was like clockwork...:(

You know Jim. Having it right out in front of my house was something. I had a perfect view and sound. The PPD were telling others, in the apartments, to go back in their homes. I was able to step out back onto the deck and stay low and peer over my ceder fence with binoculars. The gal was pretty much facing me, but couldn't see me as there was no light on me. The police were down the road out of sight, but I could hear them talking to the gal, and using the PA. Toward the end the police were gathered on my side of the street standing in front of the neighbors fence. It was an interesting perspective. The gal, from what I know is a real biatch. I think the gal that was trying to talk to her from inside the apt may have been her girlfriend, and the lady we see coming and going usually might be her mother. I don't remember ever seeing the blond girl that came out and went to the ambulance afterward. Still it would have been crushing to see her shot down. I wonder if her perception of the police will change after this? Or if she will still believe the police shoot black people more just because they are black?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top