JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel for ya being stuck there, I was never happier when the jobs ended & I was out of there and headed home. Saw enough insanity in those places down there to make a choice to never live in a city.

Stuck here watching this unfold? Or stuck in PDX? Watching this unfold was something that gave me more perspective. It was a good thing. Watching the other apartment dwellers come out and support this gal...... Stuck, (for now), in PDX just makes me angry.

In my dreams! I, am, so, sick, of, this, city........If all I had to deal with were the snow flakes and the homeless, I could.

It was my dream for 45 years - ever since I was a kid, I wanted to live in the woods and not the city. But the city is where the jobs are. I spend 2 hours a day commuting and it is worth it. Two more years and I hope to retire - maybe sooner if the timber sale is better than I hope.

When I lived in Everett there were several drive by shootings - left holes in neighbor's cars and houses and that was better than the apt. complex in Bellevue - burglaries, fires (one lady died), drunken people, car breakins and all kinds of racket - I was glad to get out of there. I can't imagine what living in Seattle or Portland proper would be like, but I think it would be worse. Even my kids who live in a nice area of Aloha like it better up here.

Personally I'd have rather seen the police surround her with bean bag shotguns and pummeled her into submission and saved the overtime.

That's just me, I don't live in Portland for a reason. Vancouver gets its share of crazy as well though.

I can't see us getting out of town for 8-10 years though unfortunately.

That's would be my view possibly, if I were reading of this from you. The point was, I found it different when it was happening in my own front yard, even though the person involved wasn't what I'd consider an upstanding person.

That's would be my view possibly, if I were reading of this from you. The point was, I found it different when it was happening in my own front yard, even though the person involved wasn't what I'd consider an upstanding person.

I can get that. What changed your thinking on this one?

Was it just a case of some small attachment to the lady that you would prefer they talk her down vs using non lethal force to end it faster?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that deadly force was not used on someone that sounds like wanted to be a marrter and use death by cop to further demonize the PD.

But I do think the PD should be allowed to use non lethal force ASAP without worrying about their jobs.

You don't comply immediately and you get tazed, bean bagged, rubber bullets or maced. No questions asked and with all of them carrying personal cameras then a cursory investigation into the footage and if cleared then right back out on the streets.

Give a dog/person/kid an inch and they will test the leash to the limits to see where the new line is.

I think it's time to reel the leash back in and show America that there are immediate consequences when you misbehave.

Maybe I'd feel differently if it was my neighbor but IDK.

In my dreams! I, am, so, sick, of, this, city........If all I had to deal with were the snow flakes and the homeless, I could. No, I also have to deal with Multco, Portland AND the state. Seeing the waste of money, and then the ensuing increase in fees and taxes, on anything and everything. The latest in PDX is the "20 IS PLENTY" signs. There mast be several hundred thousand around in people's lawns.

I haven't seen those signs. "20 IS PLENTY"

Yup....I had to look it up. IMHO, what a waste of money. Portland could be spending the money elsewhere. I'm glad I ain't paying taxes for that C@%*.

20_is_Plenty.jpg

LOL.....did you notice it?

Vision Zero
Portland

Aloha, Mark

PS.....from another news article......

20_is_Plenty_st_sign.jpg

"Signs are popping up in one Southeast neighborhood, saying the speed limit is 20 mph, when it's actually 25 mph.

"Somebody put up a fake sign," said Scott Sanford, as he walked home on Clinton Street. "There's probably a rule against putting up your own speed limit sign."

The Portland Bureau of Transportation says it doesn't condone the signs. PBOT says it plans to have maintenance workers take them down, but it's not an immediate priority.

"We're not going to be playing whack-a-mole,' said PBOT spokesperson Dylan Rivera.

The street signs are part of a continued effort by the bike advocacy group PDX Transformation."

Last Edited:
I can get that. What changed your thinking on this one?

Was it just a case of some small attachment to the lady that you would prefer they talk her down vs using non lethal force to end it faster?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that deadly force was not used on someone that sounds like wanted to be a marrter and use death by cop to further demonize the PD.

But I do think the PD should be allowed to use non lethal force ASAP without worrying about their jobs.

You don't comply immediately and you get tazed, bean bagged, rubber bullets or maced. No questions asked and with all of them carrying personal cameras then a cursory investigation into the footage and if cleared then right back out on the streets.

Give a dog/person/kid an inch and they will test the leash to the limits to see where the new line is.

I think it's time to reel the leash back in and show America that there are immediate consequences when you misbehave.

Maybe I'd feel differently if it was my neighbor but IDK.

No attachment to the lady what so ever. It's just when you see this happening in person. It's different than seeing it on cops. :)

I certainly agree that the police should be able to use what ever means necessary to end the situation. And had they ended it non lethally earlier? Well so be it. I believe in this case this gal was REAL close to getting the bean bags. The orange barreled shot gun was there, in hand. I just liked the being able to witness the best of PPD! Their choice to hurry up and end it, or see if they can git it done with out the physical pain.

Many years ago I lived at 27th and Sumner in NE here. Crack alley was just 15 blocks away. I had my house burglarized three times in three weeks! among other issue with thievery/dirt bags. PPD grave yard shift were the best of the police I dealt with in those times.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top