JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If they are sending "plants" to make us look stupid and extremist as many suspect, then they certainly are not us.
what-if-there-are-no-conspiracies-and-our-government-is-just-really-stupid.jpg

The NRA-ILA weighs in
http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/a...s-and-good-neighbors-the-gun-owners-role.aspx

As gun owners, whether or not our decisions are dictated by the law, we are still accountable for them. And we owe it to each other to act as checks on bad behavior before the legal system steps in and does it for us. If we exercise poor judgment, our decisions will have consequences. These consequences could be simple and transitory, such as watching a trophy buck bound away into the woods after a missed shot from an improperly sighted rifle. They could also be lasting and consequential, such as turning an undecided voter into an antigun voter because of causing that person fear or offense. In ways small and large, we are all in this together, and we all have a role to play in preserving our cherished freedoms for ourselves and future generations.

This is a tough issue. I support the right to open carry. I also support the right to boycott any business that bans guns. But as I've said before, having the right to open carry doesn't mean it's a good idea to converge on a business en masse - all it does is scare people - who then respond in a negative way to gun owners. So thanks to the folks that continue to keep 'pushing the limit', we have even more businesses that have been scared into the dangerous position of being 'gun free'.

I'd rather the OC folks just carry normally without making these big gatherings - they're hurting us, not helping.

While I am to self conscience to open carry , a place that doesn't like guns doesn't like my money either. NO guns no me. Fast food is more hazardous to your health than guns.

I am not a lawyer. This is only my opinion. Follow at your own risk.

Tri-Met is part of Metro a Quazi-Government organization.
They do have a policy, which applies to riders, restricting firearms. But Oregon state law would supersede, at least for those who have a concealed handgun license.

I would bet that several other sections would be brought to bear upon you should you open carry on a bus or max. Inciting a riot comes to mind. Terroristic activities. Body odor is offensive.

I won't use public transportation without being able to defend myself; And I practice the concealed means concealed mantra.

The slavering idiots on the Texas OpenCarry.org site act like it should be their right to carry f-ing RPG's if they want to. Those people are going to totally ruin it for everyone, and they'll have nobody to blame but themselves.

who cares....
watching all the Sonic commercials on TV lately it appears to me they are only interested in marketing to middle aged , immature, gay men.
(not that there is anything wrong with that :oops:)

Can you blame them? They are in business to make $, just like you and I put on our pants in the morning and go to work to make $ to support our family. Allowing the radical fringe of the open carry crowd to come into their business carrying AR's/AK's will drive all of their customers away and they would go bankrupt. Kind of a no brainer for them to ban firearms after the recent stunts some have been pulling.
Concealed means concealed. I go to a restaurant to eat, not to make a misguided political statement.

The slavering idiots on the Texas OpenCarry.org site act like it should be their right to carry f-ing RPG's if they want to. Those people are going to totally ruin it for everyone, and they'll have nobody to blame but themselves.
It is their right to open carry RPGs - the Second Amendment is about "arms" which given the context includes any "arms" the military may carry.

However, given todays political environment, it isn't wise to do so and will only do their cause harm.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!
How is this discrimination? How does this differ from 'No Shoes, No shirt, No service' when posted?
Self Protections (having a weapon) is protected by the 2nd Amendment.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Self Protections (having a weapon) is protected by the 2nd Amendment.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Which only applies to the government, not private entities.

Too many folks jump up and down and throw a tantrum fit for my 3 year old when private people and businesses make policies governing their private properties and businesses - and these folks seem to forget that the Constitution and Bill of Rights dictate the action and interaction between Government and The People - there is nothing in the Constitution that dictates interactions among private people.

The phrase "Congress Shall Make No Law" doesn't mean "Neither Congress nor The People Shall Make No Law or Policy"

It is your right to boycott anyone/anything you deem fit. It is the other parties respective right to protect their own property and business how they legally see fit. Your right to carry a gun doesn't supercede their right to govern their property. That's where your right to choose to abide their rules or not comes into play and risk butting up against their right to kick you the **** off their property, and possibly have you arrested.

A business that does a great deal of work for/with anti gunners or fence sitters can easily be negatively impacted by a bunch of nitwits from the 245th Fatass Mall Ninja Battalion with their AR's and AK's and SKS's parading into their stores and scaring said antis and fence sitters from coming back. Interfering with that business person's (and their employees) pursuit of liberty and happiness just because you got for feelings hurt because you can't carry a cannon or RPG or thermonuclear warhead in to get your coffee or grease ball burger is disrespectful and hypocritical at best. If you want your rights respected you must respect everyone else's as well. PLaying the game of ala carte rights and "my rights are more important than yours because I don't like your politics" gets us no where good.

What struck me this morning, is that the CA bans started with OC of Loaded Firearms.

The Black Panthers entered the state house that way, and the next thing you know we all got the silliness of 68.

Most OC of smaller weapons is never noticed. Ref: Every 2nd.
But they are sheeple - please don't scare them.

Just went into Sonic about hour ago and got a ft.long & onion rings . Was No visual signs posted in windows, entrance doors , or inside concerning anything relating to Firearms . No one even asked to frisk me in fear of Fireams ???
It's Business as usual in America . It free enterprise & concealed, Does mean concealed .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top