JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ah, some how I suspected that. I previously posted that our brains were quantum entangled. You seemed to agree. Now I know that we are more entangled than originally suspected. First, we are gun people. Next we are on the same gun forum. In addition, we seem to share many of the same views. Now I discover that we are both PEs in the same field. I am a Civil & Structural in CA and a PE (Civil/Structural) in Idaho. If I get to the Tri-Citys area or your get to the CDA area we should meet and have a beer.
It is agreed! That we shall! :s0005:

You've got me outclassed a fair bit, there. I was headed for a structural specialty while in university, but I never took the SE, so a lowly PE I remain... :oops:
Adding to my further shame, I have never bothered to pursue comity in my adjacent states. It just never was a necessity.
And now, in the fading twilight of my career, it looks like it never will...

Lol

aeNWZEB_700b_v1.jpg

It is agreed! That we shall! :s0005:

You've got me outclassed a fair bit, there. I was headed for a structural specialty while in university, but I never took the SE, so a lowly PE I remain... :oops:
Adding to my further shame, I have never bothered to pursue comity in my adjacent states. It just never was a necessity.
And now, in the fading twilight of my career, it looks like it never will...
Additional licences are a pain, Washington doesn't require continuing education. If you don't have to deal with continuing education with Idaho or Oregon, it's not worth it.

as a lowly Electrician tasked with building, installing and repairing the crap you guys engineer...we always wondered if it hurt when they sucked all the common sense out at engineer school?

as a lowly Electrician tasked with building, installing and repairing the crap you guys engineer...we always wondered if it hurt when they sucked all the common sense out at engineer school?
What, you don't like running parallel #750's? If it works, it doesn't have enough "features".

See RCW 9.41.007 (9)(b). Effective August 1, 2018, the state legislature required the DOL to mail out a renewal notice approx. 90 days prior to expiration of the CPL.

Prior to August 1, 2018, you never got a renewal notice from anyone. It was incumbent upon YOU to know when to renew.

The CPL itself has the name and logo of the issuing jurisdiction, but it also has the seal of Wash. state on it, along with a driver's license number. In addition to the CPL number. If you dig around in the relevant RCW's and / or ACW's, you will probably find somewhere how this authority is delineated. But I'm thinking that funding has something to do with it, since the issuing agency may collect the funds but they don't get to keep all of it. The fees get apportioned around to different agencies. In the same manner that property tax money and vehicle registration fee money gets spread around.

See RCW 9.41.007 (9)(b). Effective August 1, 2018, the state legislature required the DOL to mail out a renewal notice approx. 90 days prior to expiration of the CPL.

Prior to August 1, 2018, you never got a renewal notice from anyone. It was incumbent upon YOU to know when to renew.

The CPL itself has the name and logo of the issuing jurisdiction, but it also has the seal of Wash. state on it, along with a driver's license number. In addition to the CPL number. If you dig around in the relevant RCW's and / or ACW's, you will probably find somewhere how this authority is delineated. But I'm thinking that funding has something to do with it, since the issuing agency may collect the funds but they don't get to keep all of it. The fees get apportioned around to different agencies. In the same manner that property tax money and vehicle registration fee money gets spread around.
Just looked at mine and yes it has my Idaho DL number on it.

Actually, they don't suck it out. But they don't emphasize it either. IMHO the best engineers are the ones who get the contractors involved early, so you can take into account their practices and limitations. I remember early on when I was checking a computer generated calculation for a simple retaining wall. The agency I was working for had a policy that we could demand that anyone submitting computer generated calculations provide proof that were familiar with the software and how it worked. I told the engineer that he had to provide hand calculations. When he asked why, I said that he had not demonstrated that he was familiar with the software he was using. He said, what did I mean? That is when I explained that the wall was upside down! But common sense is even more lacking in politicians and it's lacking in a good share of the population, so lets not be picking on engineers.

Actually, they don't suck it out. But they don't emphasize it either. IMHO the best engineers are the ones who get the contractors involved early, so you can take into account their practices and limitations. I remember early on when I was checking a computer generated calculation for a simple retaining wall. The agency I was working for had a policy that we could demand that anyone submitting computer generated calculations provide proof that were familiar with the software and how it worked. I told the engineer that he had to provide hand calculations. When he asked why, I said that he had not demonstrated that he was familiar with the software he was using. He said, what did I mean? That is when I explained that the wall was upside down! But common sense is even more lacking in politicians and it's lacking in a good share of the population, so lets not be picking on engineers.
In all fairness I worked with some awesome engineers and some crappy electricians as well. My experience is people who are good at their profession don't fear being wrong occasionally it's called learning.

In all fairness I worked with some awesome engineers and some crappy electricians as well. My experience is people who are good at their profession don't fear being wrong occasionally it's called learning.
Yes, I understand. Our posts are just light hearted fun with other gun people on this forum.

I just got my renewal on my Oregon concealed carry, The only big difference other than the price increase. the RED BANNER that sticks up out of the credit card slots screaming look at me! when I open my wallet.

You mean the crap that @solv3nt engineers. He's the sparky, not me. I design and build cool sh*t., not stuff that'll fry you if you touch it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top