JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was UNAWARE of this until today. A friends CWP renewal 'notice' came from the Washington State Dept of Licensing instead of from the county in December/2021.
So, "if" there's no "tracking/registration" of who/whom has CWP's, then why in the hell is the State involved?
I want answers!
Right at the moment..I'm one po'd individual..!

FWIW, I sent my request to my legislators to get an answer. This is BS!

Dan
My personal experience...

I don't know if Benton City has its own police force, or if your friend lives in Benton County, but...

I live inside city limits and when my CPL renewal notice came in the mail last year, it came from my local police department. Just FYI...

Not a lawyer and all but, I have "heard" that some CWL cover the person carrying weapons that otherwise are not OK, not just a hand gun. TX is one place I have been told several times has this. Again though don't live there so never paid much attention to it.
A magazine and a clip are two different things too...

:confused: Not sure if I missed something here? I was told TX for example, the CWL allowed people to carry things like a Sap. Again not a lawyer and never paid much attention to it so not claiming to know if this is really true.
You are correct, a CWL and a CHL are two different things, kind of splitting hairs, but in some states, are different.

A magazine and clip are often interchanged by gun owners, but are two different things.

How would they even know that stuff?
I guess HIPAA does not count with the police in an ever growing and expanding police state...
Especially with covid :rolleyes:

1643863356808.png 1643863340391.png 1643863289433.png

LOL, there was a story other day of a guy and his grand kid I think it was doing the magnet thing. Pulled up a couple parts of Barrett 50BMG's. That would be the one problem with this. If I was doing it and pulled up a nice gun I could clean up. I would be scared to just keep it, not knowing its crime history but it would seem a shame to have to give it to the Police never to be seen again :confused:

Civil.

I know, I know... you wouldn't expect that, wouldja? :rolleyes:
Ah, some how I suspected that. I previously posted that our brains were quantum entangled. You seemed to agree. Now I know that we are more entangled than originally suspected. First, we are gun people. Next we are on the same gun forum. In addition, we seem to share many of the same views. Now I discover that we are both PEs in the same field. I am a Civil & Structural in CA and a PE (Civil/Structural) in Idaho. If I get to the Tri-Citys area or you get to the CDA area we should meet and have a beer.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top