JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After reading through the law, I am sure it will be overturned by the court.
Not saying you WheatNuts but.........
I'm sure plenty of self identified gun rights people who are Left of center on all other issues take this stance to justify Voting in Candidates who are openly anti-gun.
Many have an opinion that it'll never stand so they take the risk and continue to vote other priorities first! This creates a climate that invites I-594 type anti-gun backers/money.

Well, as the infamous Preacher said, "The chickens have come home to roost"!
I feel I-594 will stand and it's evil twin will come to Oregon real soon.

What happens if your house mate keeps a gun or collection and has to go away like on a deployment or a temporary work assignment for a few of months?

House is in your name, no rent receipts as he pays cash. Maybe he doesn't even have his own room and sleeps on the fold out couch in the den. Now he's away. What if police falsely raid your house for let's say drugs. Are you breaking the law by having his guns in your house??

I woke up last night thinking of asinine complications of this asinine law and I don't even live in WA!:mad:
This law was made to keep honest people in fear of even being around guns and it's working! They want people to be afraid. Nosey neighbors will be ratting people out left and right soon! Witch hunts by SWAT teams for "ILLEGAL" guns will be next on the agenda.
Very Orwellian.
Not that I would ever do anything or suggest anyone else do anything illegal,but just remember the sale or transfer was made before December 4th,2014
In the case of the safe,he gave them all to you before he left,no?

At this point, the only thing we can hope for is that the state realizes it cannot pay for the massive expense of complying and enforcing I-594. Processing all of the extra paperwork alone will be a ridiculous expense, and the voters of Washington were lied to regarding the expected cost of this legislation. Liberals complain that Washington places 47th in the nation on class size, yet throw money into the crapper to implement trash that no real criminal will ever comply with.

GG, bubblegumtards.

At this point, the only thing we can hope for is that the state realizes it cannot pay for the massive expense of complying and enforcing I-594. Processing all of the extra paperwork alone will be a ridiculous expense, and the voters of Washington were lied to regarding the expected cost of this legislation. Liberals complain that Washington places 47th in the nation on class size, yet throw money into the crapper to implement trash that no real criminal will ever comply with.

GG, bubblegumtards.
I heard today that not all initiatives can be funded. Some of the school initiatives that passed may not be able to be implemented.
Just because the voters want it doesn't mean there is money in the coffers to pay for it.
594 most likely will be funded one way or another

Who the bubblegum is going to be challenging this trash? I have yet to find any information...seems like the NRA, GOA, SAF are all going to roll over on this one.

The NRA probably won't. I think the SAF is our only hope since they're based here in WA and have a vested interest in not getting screwed by 594 in their home state.

I've posted here at NWFA and other forums that I strongly felt the NRA had abandoned Us here in Washington on this I-594 deal. I still believe that strongly though I have heard that the NRA is confident they will beat down this bad law in the courts.
I hope that is a fact and not just a rumor.
Nonetheless, the NRA was incredibly tepid in helping Us fight I-594.
I'm a Life Benefactor Member of the NRA, and I'm not too pleased today about the moneys I've spent supporting the NRA.
Perhaps if they are instrumental in filing a law suit against this badly written law I'll feel different, but right now, I feel somewhat abandoned by my NRA.

Continually badmouthing the NRA is what the anti's love. The NRA has a damned full plate. They go in where it is most important on a national scale. They pretty much leave the states that have active lobby groups alone until it comes down to the wire, which it has in WA now.

Same with GOA.

Badmouthing the best 2nd Amendment organization in the US does no one any good except for the Bloomberg bunch.
I really don't give a s... if that make ya mad, it is the truth. Praise them, support them for the things they do and have done and stop belittling them.
It gets old !

If EVERYONE would donate a third of their pay to the NRA or even $10 a month to them they would have the manpower and resources to cover every issue in every state, but people don't do that. They do very well with the money they do have and they do a hundred times more than any other pro 2nd Amendment group in this country.

.If you want to do something constructive, get a law passed in WA that makes it a hard azz felony for people that have no interest in a state to come there and spread their money around to buy a political agenda. Bloomberg and those that aided him should do serious jail time for corrupting the entire political system with what they did.
That would be constructive. Buying any initiative should be a crime because simply, it is a criminally immoral act against the citizens. Do that by initiative, and use their process against them. No one like openly corrupt politics, such as this was.

Last Edited:
Hmm..so is it now illegal to lend a gun to someone on my own property to shoot on my own range? That wouldn't be an "official range", so how does that work?

Continually badmouthing the NRA is what the anti's love. The NRA has a damned full plate. They go in where it is most important on a national scale. They pretty much leave the states that have active lobby groups alone until it comes down to the wire, which it has in WA now.

Same with GOA.

Badmouthing the best 2nd Amendment organization in the US does no one any good except for the Bloomberg bunch.
I really don't give a s... if that make ya mad, it is the truth. Praise them, support them for the things they do and have done and stop belittling them.
It gets old !

If EVERYONE would donate a third of their pay to the NRA or even $10 a month to them they would have the manpower and resources to cover every issue in every state, but people don't do that. They do very well with the money they do have and they do a hundred times more than any other pro 2nd Amendment group in this country.
I did not bad mouth the NRA. I presented the facts.
.If you want to do something constructive, get a law passed in WA that makes it a hard azz felony for people that have no interest in a state to come there and spread their money around to buy a political agenda.
When are you doing to propose that bill?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Taku... there was no overwhelming NRA response to I-594. And while it may comfort you that the NRA "has a damned full plate", SOME OF US LIVE IN WASHINGTON STATE AND ARE NRA MEMBERS.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect an organization that I donate to actually do more in defense of what it claims it will vigorously defend - where was STAND AND FIGHT when Bloomberg dumped a crapload of money against the good people of Washington?

Any NWFA member is free to exercise their first amendment rights to criticize the NRA in response to recent events. We will not be intimidated by your accusations of "badmouthing". I'm sure the big boys and big girls of the NRA are wearing their big boy and big girl pants, and can handle our feedback.

Besides, didn't you already leave this board once because you didn't like it? Funny how the boomerang effect works, eh?

Hmm..so is it now illegal to lend a gun to someone on my own property to shoot on my own range? That wouldn't be an "official range", so how does that work?

To be in compliance with the law, you would need to go to an ffl and get the background check. If it's a handgun, it/he will be registered. If it's a handgun, he will need a either a CPL or written permission from the sheriff or chief of police approving it. Some people apparently plan just to take their chances, but lending it is a misdemeanor and then receiving it back makes it a felony, so it's a bit of a dangerous chance.

I did not bad mouth the NRA. I presented the facts.

When are you doing to propose that bill?
[/QUOTE]

And when they aid in filing or assisting in the suit, will you bad mouth them then ?

I propose the same law be enacted here in Oregon. You can take care of WA.

What I do not do is expect the NRA to fight all my battles. We have a good organization here, in fact 2, but oone is concerned with range issues, and they are the branch of the NRA in Oregon. OSSA
The other is OFF and Kevin does a great job. The NRA would be expected to help when it came to the court challenge when if ever needed. You should research a little about what the organization you say you are a benefactor of really does. The NRA won't let you down. They will fight when this makes it to the courts or they will back whoever takes it there. . If no one up there challenges it then they probably wont take the state serious. People need to fight back themselves and then expect assistance.
If you want answers they are responsive. Communicate with them. I have never failed to get a response to my questions on issues.

Just curious on intrastate used gun transfers in WA. Does this require paying a sales tax, or do your dealers collect a tax on them?

From the regulations, it looks like the transferee might need to provide proof to the FFL that either 'use tax' or 'sales tax' was originally paid.

<broken link removed>

For a gun range borrowing, would the dealer need to collect sales tax twice, each time the gun was loaned out and returned??
From what I remember of my readings of the initiative it will exempt "private" sales that use a dealer and get the background check from the sales tax requirement. They were trying to sweeten the pot with this one. What it also does is to amend the requirement that dealers now have in collecting the use tax. It will no longer be the dealers responsibility to collect it but the tax must still be paid... by you.

My question on this; If you do not pay the use tax yourself at what point will WA state come after you for it and at what point will the fines or penalties for not paying it "legally" strip you of your 2A rights?

My tinfoil hat wearing twin thinks this part might be designed as a 'gotcha'.

From what I remember of my readings of the initiative it will exempt "private" sales that use a dealer and get the background check from the sales tax requirement. They were trying to sweeten the pot with this one. What it also does is to amend the requirement that dealers now have in collecting the use tax. It will no longer be the dealers responsibility to collect it but the tax must still be paid... by you.

My question on this; If you do not pay the use tax yourself at what point will WA state come after you for it and at what point will the fines or penalties for not paying it "legally" strip you of your 2A rights?

My tinfoil hat wearing twin thinks this part might be designed as a 'gotcha'.

I wish to God it wasn't just "tinfoil hat" speculation, because unfortunately I think you're right.

I-594 was written with specific language to target and punish law-abiding gun owners. We're now at the mercy of police and judges who hopefully will follow their oaths to uphold the Constitution and not enforce some of I-594's provisions until the law can be changed or repealed.

I also had another sad thought today: best chance of I-594 being challenged in court is a test case. Which means some poor bubblegum fool needs to get arrested for breaking I-594's law by transferring a gun to his friend / son-in-law / girlfriend, or similar circumstance. O____o

To be in compliance with the law, you would need to go to an ffl and get the background check. If it's a handgun, it/he will be registered. If it's a handgun, he will need a either a CPL or written permission from the sheriff or chief of police approving it. Some people apparently plan just to take their chances, but lending it is a misdemeanor and then receiving it back makes it a felony, so it's a bit of a dangerous chance.

Once you've done the transfer to your friend, only he can have the gun. When he is done shooting, you'll have to go back to the ffl for the background check on you before he can return your own gun to you. There is no exception for returning the gun to the owner.

And when they aid in filing or assisting in the suit, will you bad mouth them then ?

Of course not, just as I have not.
People need to fight back themselves and then expect assistance.
We did as best as could be expected against this!:
Ballmer and Gates have each given a $1 million to the Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility The two men, and their wives, along with venture capitalist Nick Hanauer ($1.4 million), Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen ($500,000), former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg ($285,000) and the group he established, Everytown for Gun Safety ($2.3 million), account for $6.6 million of the $10.3 million raised.
HOW DO WE FIGHT THAT BY OURSELVES?
If you want answers they are responsive. Communicate with them. I have never failed to get a response to my questions on issues.
What allows you to be so presumptuous as to believe we/I have not?
My dad got me involved with the NRA when he bought me my initial Life Membership when I was 18. I'm 33 now. He too is a Benefactor member.

If the NRA would have at least made their presence more known in this battle, It would have at least been meat with "atta-boy's" instead of outright disappointment.
Let's hope the NRA now steps up to the legal plate (with my full financial support) and beats this stinky law in the courts.
This now has become a National Issue, as it now gives impetus to gun grabbers in all states who see clearly that the wealthy Liberal Elites can in fact buy gun grabbing elections.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top