JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another place where I-594 might unexpectedly apply is at the courthouse/government buildings where you have to check your gun. The transfer to the officer on duty would be exempt, but I don't think the transfer back to you would be exempt, requiring a background check.

Another place where I-594 might unexpectedly apply is at the courthouse/government buildings where you have to check your gun. The transfer to the officer on duty would be exempt, but I don't think the transfer back to you would be exempt, requiring a background check.

Where is the transfer to the officer exempt? I see that transfers between two officers on duty are exempt, but as far as I can see transfers from a non-LEO to an on duty LEO are not.

Where is the transfer to the officer exempt? I see that transfers between two officers on duty are exempt, but as far as I can see transfers from a non-LEO to an on duty LEO are not.
Section 3
(4) This section does not apply to:
(d) Any law enforcement or corrections agency and, to the extent
the person is acting within the course and scope of his or her
employment or official duties, any law enforcement or corrections
officer, United States marshal, member of the armed forces of the
United States or the national guard, or federal official

But, given how they wrote this turd of a law, I could be completely wrong here.

Section 3

The way I read that, the non-LEO would still have to go through all the transfer stuff. But maybe you are right. It's rather unclear. I read that as transfers between LEOs.

You very well could be right. I-594 is so poorly written it could mean anything. Another situation I was thinking is shipping. Taking a firearm to the Fedex store to ship to an FFL would require a background check. This is getting worse and worse and I really hope I'm wrong here.

The way I read that, the non-LEO would still have to go through all the transfer stuff. But maybe you are right. It's rather unclear. I read that as transfers between LEOs.

So you are legally carrying with a CCP and driving to work. You get pulled over for a bad tail light. The officer sees your gun and decided to remove it form you while doing the stop.

He is covered during the stop because he is on duty but what about you. Yow just transferred a firearm worse yet a hand gun without a FFL background check.

Now it gets worse, the officer decides you are a good guy and lets you go with a warning to get it fixed, no ticket or paperwork involved. If he gives you your handgun back you are now taking possession of a second transfer and a felon.

Would be interesting to refuse to take it back while recording the whole stop. The officer has caused you to unwillingly break the law and you are informing you are refusing to commit a felony.

Ain't life grand.

If you want to do something constructive, get a law passed in WA that makes it a hard azz felony for people that have no interest in a state to come there and spread their money around to buy a political agenda. Bloomberg and those that aided him should do serious jail time for corrupting the entire political system with what they did.

Yes, let's protect the Second amendment by trashing the first.
You Do realize that Heller and McDonald would have both been prevented under this silly notion?

Bottom line is that the supporters of 594 lied through their teeth about the consequences of the transfer language. Absolutely NO ONE in the MSM raised a peep about it either. The fact that we were outspent 15-1 had a LOT to do with this.

So, well-meaning people voted for what they THOUGHT was a law making it mandatory to have BG checks for sales of guns PERIOD.

Let's see how it plays out. I predict a cluster**** and that the legislature will have to go in and clean up the language.

594 is going to cost me a pretty nice side-business because I've always provided guns to my students. Until there is clarification on the transfer language, I'm out of business. So I personally have a lot more than inconvenience to be upset about. but I'm also not proposing we trash the ability for the NRA, for example, to spend money here, even though Lapierre doesn't live in WA.

Remember this was the left's GODs that told them to vote for 594
When Allen and Gates got into the mix,it was all over. Remember gates is the almighty savior of Africa with his wife.
He was a prodigy so he MUST know best.
Bloomy helped but gates and allen said "Make it so" and their minions followed.
This will not be over turned.The poor sucker who gets to do the test run will fall

Section 3

Most of the court security, certainly in Pierce county are private contractors. The is an excellent point, DonaldC is very astute, props to you for thinking of it.

594 is going to cost me a pretty nice side-business because I've always provided guns to my students. Until there is clarification on the transfer language, I'm out of business. So I personally have a lot more than inconvenience to be upset about. but I'm also not proposing we trash the ability for the NRA, for example, to spend money here, even though Lapierre doesn't live in WA.

This thing would or will, if left alone, cost more than a million dollars in a few years to the State fund, and untold thousands to local LE and other jurisdictions.

This is the first time I have seen the Voter's Pamphlet incredibly inaccurate in portraying an impact of the initiative and in underestimating the cost. The cost was completely ignored by the organized opposition, all in all the pro-594 out thought, out spent and outmaneuvered the 591 side.

If everybody would have left Washington alone to deal with this, 594 would have failed on its own. But the Bloomberg money and other grey funding just killed us on the TV ads. It was a guy with a slingshot vs a guy with a M-61 Minigun.

Overall the voter turnout was just 40% of registered voters. What got the voters all riled up to vote for 594?

Another illustration of how Citizens United helps undermine democracy right here at home.

Last Edited:
The whole intent of the law was to make felons out of law abiding gun owners. Felons cannot own guns or vote R.

I have to disagree to a point. The strategic thinking, is for this to be the beginning of an offensive to make guns so difficult to obtain and possess that nobody even tries. These guys, as they said after the results came in, are just getting started. They are FAR from done.

Long range strategy is to disarm everyone except the police, Federal agents and the military.

I have to disagree to a point. The strategic thinking, is for this to be the beginning of an offensive to make guns so difficult to obtain and possess that nobody even tries. These guys, as they said after the results came in, are just getting started. They are FAR from done.

Long range strategy is to disarm everyone except the police, Federal agents and the military.

Semantics, you are both right!
First make everyone fearful of even being near a gun, lest they be arrested/convicted for even touching it or being in the same room with one.
Maybe even make a few example arrests under the new LAW, making felons out of good people. Showing everybody they can and will do it! This fear will deter any new gun owners from ever getting started.

Next laws on mag capacity, storage and some form of A.W. ban, maybe all semi- autos. They will make it O.K. to grandfather in some limited number of evil weapons per person but they MUST BE REGISTERED is how it will go. They will not be transferable at death BTW! They will be destroyed/ crushed! Get caught with an un registered semi-auto and go to jail.

One generation from now they will have successfully ELIMINATED all but a few types of Hunting rifles, Shotguns and maybe revolvers. The fees, restrictions, mental evaluations and boot licking required to even own these??
We can only speculate. But you can be sure it will not be easy to qualify. I'm sure it will be a hobby of the wealthy and connected only.
And they will continue to say with a grin we never wanted to take away your guns, see!

Semantics, you are both right!
First make everyone fearful of even being near a gun, lest they be arrested/convicted for even touching it or being in the same room with one.
Maybe even make a few example arrests under the new LAW, making felons out of good people. Showing everybody they can and will do it! This fear will deter any new gun owners from ever getting started.

Next laws on mag capacity, storage and some form of A.W. ban, maybe all semi- autos. They will make it O.K. to grandfather in some limited number of evil weapons per person but they MUST BE REGISTERED is how it will go. They will not be transferable at death BTW! They will be destroyed/ crushed! Get caught with an un registered semi-auto and go to jail.

One generation from now they will have successfully ELIMINATED all but a few types of Hunting rifles, Shotguns and maybe revolvers. The fees, restrictions, mental evaluations and boot licking required to even own these??
We can only speculate. But you can be sure it will not be easy to qualify. I'm sure it will be a hobby of the wealthy and connected only.
And they will continue to say with a grin we never wanted to take away your guns, see!

"Single shot .410 shotguns are guns see how 2nd amendment we are?! Don't listen to the tinfoil hat wearing evil baby killing hillbillies!"
Hopefully the day never comes where we become like Australia or the UK.

The solution to that is but one. WAR The real thing

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads