JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dunno why people always mention Texas. They have crappy gun laws, especially relating to concealed and open carry.

I will second that. Texas talk a good game and is great at promoting a tough self sufficient game but if you follow any news about cops violating people's civil rights a lot of it happens in Texas.
Texas is the place were a couple of women were pulled over and then subjected to a road side cavity search. Think about that one.

Texas is also where Waco incident occured. A federal event to be sure but they did get assistance from county and state, including Texas national guard.
If Texas was truly as it promotes itself the state and county would have been defending the dividians instead of helping to turn them into Koresh Kripies.

Overall the voter turnout was just 40% of registered voters. What got the voters all riled up to vote for 594?

Another illustration of how Citizens United helps undermine democracy right here at home.

This!
Gun owners should have a 'Come to Jesus' moment about Citizens United, and the whole idea of 'money is free speech' , and unlimited campaign contributions. Citizens United is central to the R party's drive to take federal power back in a country where they will never again win a straight-up democratic (small d) vote nationally. You can scream, cry to your mommies, and call me any name you want, but that's reality.
Another point is that politicians of both stripes have re-designed their districts (depending on what brand holds a state house majority) to ensure 90% job security. So generally, red states will get redder, blue states will get bluer.
As gun owners in the blue states, what strategic alliances can we make, without compromising our defense of 2A? Civil liberties would be one place to start.
For example, everything that gun owners imagine will be happening to us at the hands of state and federal governments is happening right now to so-called 'illegal immigrants' and their families, many of whom are US citizens. I'm sure this statement will generate howls of hysterical reaction, but before you get unhinged, consider this: The infrastructure that the Government uses to criminalize one section of the population WILL be used to criminalize other sections.
So, are there ways to work with people trying to reverse Citizens United? Are there ways to work with the immigrant community? Are there ways to work with the people trying to reform sentencing laws? None of these strategies require compromising on 2A. They would start to break up the liberal block that will be mobilized against gun owners. But they would require re-thinking some 'conservative' positioning.

This!
Gun owners should have a 'Come to Jesus' moment about Citizens United, and the whole idea of 'money is free speech' , and unlimited campaign contributions. Citizens United is central to the R party's drive to take federal power back in a country where they will never again win a straight-up democratic (small d) vote nationally.

I'm not happy about CU, but it IS the law of the land.

Absent a constitutional amendment, which is NOT going to happen, that ruling isn't going anywhere, so why bother with "come to Jesus" moments?

We were outspent 15-1. The 594 people also ran a very good campaign and we ran a VERY POOR one.

Trying to blame ALL this on money without taking the responsibility for our side's very poorly organized and executed campaign will result in more defeats. The lesson here is clear to me. We need to run better campaigns. THAT is what attracts big donors.

You are right to first look critically at the campaign (with lessons for us Oregonians) because that's in our power to change. Still there are movements abroad for a constitutional amendment to over turn citizens united (https://movetoamend.org/). Just by supporting an effort like that maybe new allies could be made. The idea would be to break off part of the liberal block. The anti gun coalition is not very solid, money cemented it together.

its not just the NRA s fight. its every citizen that is fed up with this type of nonsense . it is against the constitution and we must stand up against it. I plan on being at the capitol to voice my 1st and stand with my 2nd and take back this country. if they voted in that i had to give my first child up to the government and it became law that they will take raising him from here on out ... I would not do it. just because it becomes a law does not mean its above the law of the land. yes maybe washington state. but not GOD's laws that this nation was founded on. as for me I will not comply.

Edited, because this aint the time or place.
Struck a nerve and it got the best of me after reading the entire thread.
Sorry guys.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews