JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$399
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Salem
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Arisaka Type 99 Short Rifle, Nagoya Series Two mfg. in 1942. Chambered in 7.7x58. Receiver serial number ending in "416" matches the bolt and other serialized parts. Chrome bore in excellent condition. Cock on close bolt with chrome bolt face. Overall bluing is in very good condition. Includes early Arisaka features such as flip-up anti-aircraft sights, knurled safety, push-button cleaning rod release, and "grape" style bolt handle.

The monopod is an excellent high-quality reproduction made in the USA by Mr. Don Schlickman of Iowa. Don is well known to Arisaka/Nambu collectors and you can learn more about him on Gunboards.com.

This is a surrender rifle with the chrysanthemum ground off. The stock is dinged and the front sight ears and forward sling swivel are bent, neither of which affects functionality. There are no import marks. This Arisaka is most likely a GI Bringback/war trophy.

The bayonet is an early WWII Type 30 also mfg. by Nagoya. Note the blood grooves and straight quillon (cross guard). The blood grooves were omitted later in the war.

I am asking $399 for the rifle and bayonet, buyer to pay Transfer and Background at Coat of Arms in Keizer ($30). I am selling to fund some work on another rifle I have.

Possible trade or partial trades for ammo:

9mm
.223/5.56x45
.308/7.62x51
.380ACP
30.06 (M2 Ball)
.303 British

Possible trade or partial trade for guns, depending on condition

Mosin Nagant M38
Yugo Mauser 24/47

Thank you for looking.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.5.jpg 13.75.jpg 14.jpg 15.5.jpg 15.75.jpg 15.875.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg 19.3.jpg 19.6.jpg 19.jpg 20.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg 23.jpg 24.jpg 25.jpg 26.jpg 27.jpg 28.jpg 29.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
These are great rifles. I have 2 of them and they are very nice shooters. You can load your own ammo from reformed 30-06 cases. This is a very nice example! GLWS!

Sights on these 99's were a great improvement over what was on their previous rifle. With the ladder down there is an aperture that would be zero'd for 300m. Raising the ladder and with the sliding aperture fully lowered it would also be zero'd for 300m, with individual selections every 100m up to 1500m. If you set the elevator to 500m and an enemy target appeared 50m in front of you, they included a notch for quick up close shooting just for this very purpose. The aircraft bars are graduated with notches representing 100nmh, 200nmh and 300 nautical miles per hour. Estimate distance to target, raise the elevator accordingly, deploy the horizontal bars, estimate the speed of the targets velocity as it crosses your field of view. When aircraft are within the appropriate notch you fire. Simple eh?

Sights on these 99's were a great improvement over what was on their previous rifle. With the ladder down there is an aperture that would be zero'd for 300m. Raising the ladder and with the sliding aperture fully lowered it would also be zero'd for 300m, with individual selections every 100m up to 1500m. If you set the elevator to 500m and an enemy target appeared 50m in front of you, they included a notch for quick up close shooting just for this very purpose. The aircraft bars are graduated with notches representing 100nmh, 200nmh and 300 nautical miles per hour. Estimate distance to target, raise the elevator accordingly, deploy the horizontal bars, estimate the speed of the targets velocity as it crosses your field of view. When aircraft are within the appropriate notch you fire. Simple eh?

IIRC there is at least one case in Vietnam where a farmer shot the back seat navigator in a 2 seater in the head.....

Can't verify, just a memory....

IIRC there is at least one case in Vietnam where a farmer shot the back seat navigator in a 2 seater in the head.....

Can't verify, just a memory....
Enjoy your new rifle. I shot mine in competition over at Tri-Co's vintage rifle match and at LORPC in Longview. Real SOB during rapid fire strings with that cock on closing attribute. It's humorous to watch some of the older war movies where some of the actors can be seen palming the rear of their bolts to disengage the safety. My bayonet has the hook quilion for breaking the other guys bayonet during a fight.
Frog, Arisaka bayonet - sheath side.JPG

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.