JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I discovered one piece of 9mm primed brass.

Well, never having done it with 9mm I took a Speer plastic bullet and stuck it in, chambered it and went out to my shop and had a cardboard box with some empty heavy duty plastic protein canisters in it and moved about 25' away, took aim at a letter on the box, fired and then round hit about 1/2" from the letter and punctured one of the plastic canisters in the box!

These plastic 'training' bullets are no joke and if you have never used them, I suggest to anyone give them a try sometime for cheap shooting fun!

Oh, and they kill mice really well too as as I have use them before in a .357 rifle for this!

IMG_2902[1].JPG

We used to do that very thing (Speer plastic bullets into cardboard box) when we were working out of town in our free time.
While watching TV !

If I recall correctly, a half grain of W231 jazzes them up just right.
Any more and you start splitting those plastic cases.

I tried the plastic cases but was getting a lot of misfires due to the 'cushioning' effect of the plastic so I went to standard cases, Just resized (but not expanded or flared).

They actually shot more accurately with 'real' cases as well.
Mine were 38SPL and never had any ignition problems.
Maybe they work better in a revolver ?

I've only fired a found .357 reload I pulled the bullet from and a.30-30 round that I pulled the bullet from. Hard to believe how much "BANG" is in those little tiny primers.

Candle wax works well too and easier to reload. I discovered this while casting. Waiting for the pot to heat I had an errant 357 primed case on the bench, looked at the 1/4" thick wax I'd previously melted for flux, then used the case to cut a wad cutter out of it. Worked so well we used to have "matches" in my shop during bad weather, LOL. These rubber type bullets are lots of fun for sure.

I tried the plastic cases but was getting a lot of misfires due to the 'cushioning' effect of the plastic so I went to standard cases, Just resized (but not expanded or flared).

They actually shot more accurately with 'real' cases as well.
Boys will be boys...I still like to make some paraffin/beeswax rounds for shop shooting. Surprisingly powerful and accurate. Definitely not a cap gun you want to play Cowboys and Indians with your best friend with haha. They will go right through an oil filter box at 10 feet no problem.

Those primers have a lot more power behind them than people realize. My 45 ACP pushed the plastic Speer bullets along at a pretty good pace.

When the western , "Quick Draw" was in, I used to buy 44/45 wax composite bullets in what looked like 1/2 gal. milk cartons. I shot the .45s in my 45/70 trapdoor when the necks of the cases started to crack. They were accurate enough that I could stand in the driveway and shoot back into the garage at targets. (35-40 ft.) :s0038:

When the western , "Quick Draw" was in, I used to buy 44/45 wax composite bullets in what looked like 1/2 gal. milk cartons. I shot the .45s in my 45/70 trapdoor when the necks of the cases started to crack. They were accurate enough that I could stand in the driveway and shoot back into the garage at targets. (35-40 ft.) :s0038:
I picture myself doing that now. Here in NePo. Wonder how long it would take for a swat team to show up?

I discovered one piece of 9mm primed brass. Well, never having done it with 9mm I took a Speer plastic bullet and stuck it in, chambered it and went out to my shop and had a cardboard box with some empty heavy duty plastic protein canisters in it and moved about 25' away, took aim at a letter on the box, fired and then round hit about 1/2" from the letter and punctured one of the plastic canisters in the box! These plastic 'training' bullets are no joke and if you have never used them, I suggest to anyone give them a try sometime for cheap shooting fun! Oh, and they kill mice really well too as as I have use them before in a .357 rifle for this! View attachment 1210401

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top