JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is the ammo shortage really over? That is a good question. Some stores are getting in a few items here and there. Well after a meeting this week with Federal I have to wonder if it is getting better or not. We placed some "at once" orders at our show and they told us that we would see it next spring. It did not matter if it was rimfire, centerfire or primers. When we place our fall order in Feb, we should receive it for hunting season. Still not looking good.

Amen to that, Jack, although strange little pockets keep showing up from time to time. I was bowled over when I ran into a box of Winchester WB .380 ACP a day ago at the WallyWorld in South Salem. It's the first I'd seen of that stuff since last Christmas. And it's all very depressing -- unless you happen to stumble on something you need or haven't seen in awhile.

Thanks for this report, in any event. At least we know what to look forward to for the next several months.

I think Bi-Mart used to sell mostly Remington Core-Loks and UMC ammo, but now they are taking anything they can get to avoid having empty shelves. So you'll find Winchester, Blazer and Federal as well. This fills some spaces but the local stores still have empty spaces on the shelf.

Amen to that, Jack, although strange little pockets keep showing up from time to time. I was bowled over when I ran into a box of Winchester WB .380 ACP a day ago at the WallyWorld in South Salem. It's the first I'd seen of that stuff since last Christmas. And it's all very depressing -- unless you happen to stumble on something you need or haven't seen in awhile.

Thanks for this report, in any event. At least we know what to look forward to for the next several months.

I was stunned when I walked by the Wally World counter in Wood Village the other day and saw a box of WWB .380. .380 seems to have been the hardest caliber to find during the shortage.

However, I don't know that it's "over". A year ago you could walk into Wally World or Bi-Mart and buy a half-dozen boxes of any caliber you wanted...that is definitely not the case yet.

It's really hit or miss. I went out in search of some .308 and stopped at three stores before I found some, and it was 180gr, not my fave.

Some of the local gun shops do seem to have rebuilt their stock.

Last Centralia gunshow, people had .223 $8/bx., .308 $12/bx., .9mm $15/bx, .45 $18/bx. People weren't even buying, because there was so much surplus. I'ld say there is no shortage.

I think the ammunition market is slowly catching up but it's far from over. I still can't find 380 for a reasonable price or 22lr. Nope not over yet but FWIW I really don't look that hard. I have something in every caliber I own because I don't believe in running completely out in anything. No bullets means useless stick or paper weight. Thats just not going to happen to me.

I spotted two boxes of .40 S&W Winchester WB at a WallyWorld in Salem today for just under $33 per box, the first time that I'd seen a pair of these guys being offered for months and months. They had plenty of .270, .308, etc., and a box of .38 Special +P -- hadn't seen one of those in a long time, either. It might be that we have turned the corner, though you sure don't see much .380 anywhere.

I finally found some pistol ammo at the local Walmart. The shelves had been empty every time I went in for the last six months. This time they had most common calibers, except .380 of course.

I was stunned when I walked by the Wally World counter in Wood Village the other day and saw a box of WWB .380. .380 seems to have been the hardest caliber to find during the shortage.

However, I don't know that it's "over". A year ago you could walk into Wally World or Bi-Mart and buy a half-dozen boxes of any caliber you wanted...that is definitely not the case yet.

It's really hit or miss. I went out in search of some .308 and stopped at three stores before I found some, and it was 180gr, not my fave.

Some of the local gun shops do seem to have rebuilt their stock

That's because they charge a lot more for the same ammo as 'the big box stores' and a lot of people aren't willing to pay those prices. Me included!!!

My brother is my supplier. I live out in the boon docks. Tillamook Sports is the only place to find ammo. They charge over $25 for a box of 40S&W. Anyway, I don't shop there.
My brother told me the last price he saw on 22lr was $12.50 or so at Bimart.

At the local Bi-Mart the price is about $16.97 the last time I checked.

There you go. My memory isn't what it used to be (and I'm only 26:eek:) He told me about it a few months ago. I probably just misremembered!

.380 Ammo at Fisherman's at Delta Park is going for $17.99-$18.99 depending on brand, only place I've seen .380 ammo.

I was there Friday and they still had a bunch.

Keith's in Gresham had a ton a couple weeks ago - $18 for ball and $25 for JHP.

The Place To Shoot had some Cor-bon, but as usual with them, it was overpriced...

Interestsingly, I had a bit of extra time yesterday and checked out two WallyWorld stores in Salem, hoping against hope that some additional .380 ACP had made its way to their shelves. A week ago both stores had a good supply of various calibers and brands (including one box of Winchester WB .380 which I quickly snapped up), but sadly, no such luck this time out: Besides a single box of 9mm Winchester and a lone box of .25, the shelf at the South Salem store was just about bare ... again. The SuperStore shelves had plenty of .270 and .308 but little else.

Just when you think you might be turning the corner ...

Our wally world here in lebanon never has pistol ammo,because the pawn shop across the way Fast Cash buys out all there pistol ammo and damn near doubles the price!! Sometimes i get lucky and find some ammo at bi-mart I guess the guys at fast cash dont have membership,what i say is true about fast cash they admitted to me and to my buddy on 2 seperate occasions

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top