JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, so I moved here from MA (Here, being Spokane), and just got my resident fishing license, so I shouldn't have any problem getting my resident hunting license.

I'm really wanting to hunt for deer, elk, and waterfowl. Any suggestions of places to check? I realize I'm really late to the game for the big game, but if nothing else I'd love to get some duck and goose in the freezer.

Any waterfowl hunters local and have room for another? :)

D

Don't forget turkey over there.
Look at the maps and find some state land,DNR,whatever. The deer are everywhere over there.
Water fowl? I would head west to the potholes or to the colombia basin.
Gees are always in the wheat fields too.
Turkeys can be found north of you and down by Pulman.

Good luck

potholes, that is the second time I've heard that today in regards to duck.
Is that a regional term?

I'd love to get a turkey, but I only find them out of season, I hate them damn delicious birds.

For them deer, has anyone had any experiences on the north side of Mt. Spokane, or in GMU 113? (NE corner of the state butting to ID and CA)

Look at the very middle of the state at I-90 and you will find pot holes area.
Mardon's is a older resort there.Cabins and a dock resort,not a fancy place resort,mind you.

Welcome to the right side of the state. There's more land to hunt than you may realize. Hit the link below for a DNR land map that as the GMU's superimposed on it. And beware of the dreaded Discover Pass.... Some land is still "free" but they seem to be posting any area they can find to augment their budget. Good luck.

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/Publications/amp_rec_dnr_gmu_hunting.pdf

Link for map instructions: <broken link removed>

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR