JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They have banned lead ammo based mainly on the endangered condor population argument, but many years later, with 99% compliance by hunters, recent studies have shown that lead poisioning levels in condors has slightly increased from previous studies.

The nutshell: A lead ban has had zero impact.
By changing just a few words in the statements above, I could say the exact same thing about the 1994 AWB...
But none of those facts will ever convince those whose heads are firmly ensconced within their rectums... :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Hmmm.... The only thing I can find is from 9 days ago talking about DFW wanting to propose it and to go into effect by 2026.

CA has been a good case study for a lead ban to fail. They have banned lead ammo based mainly on the endangered condor population argument, but many years later, with 99% compliance by hunters, recent studies have shown that lead poisioning levels in condors has slightly increased from previous studies.

The nutshell: A lead ban has had zero impact.

Regardless.. I would be very interested if anyone has any links to it being signed into effect. Obviously, it would greatly impact us all.
^^^ This, even with hunter compliance, lead levels Condors has increased…. Perhaps they're drinking water from lead pipes…

Just another example of failed "feel good" legislation that has zero impact on the perceived problem…

^^^ This, even with hunter compliance, lead levels Condors has increased…. Perhaps they're drinking water from lead pipes…
There are so many sources of lead in the environment. Gasoline, paint, pesticides, galvanized metal or other zinc containing objects, aircraft aviation fuel, industrial contamination, partiulate matter in SMOG!, etc, etc.

In the case of the CA condors, small galvanized objects are commonly found in their nests and intestines.

Lead introduction from sportsmen might have all but been contained, but it hasn't slowed the rate of lead contaminate increase in the condors by any measurable amount.

*So many studies say.

Like so many "feel good step on the citizenry" measures, it don't amount to jack OR sh.... er, squat.

I don't see much from the Biden Administration about banning lead ammo, but the articles that I read say the USFWS has promulgated new rules about shooting lead on Federal lands.

This has been going on for months/years, but nothing has come of it. The Obama Administration banned lead on the last day of office which was repealed by the Trump Administration on the first day.

Speaking of sleepy Joe...

I passed this sign on my way home yesterday from visiting my folks in WA. It's on the side of I-84 in Caldwell. 😂

View attachment 1265186

edit: Here's the google street view of it 😂
Apparently, the gun hating censors are allowing this to be seen from street view.

Screenshot_20220825-230952_Maps.jpg

California sucks at everything.
It's not ALL bad. It's home to 39mil Kalifedrals that don't further pollute the PNW citizen pool... so... there's one in the "pro" column. 🤣

On edit: Geographically, it's the most likely place in the U.S. for a good chunk of them to fall off into the Pacific ocean... so... I guess that makes TWO in the "pro" column. :s0155:

Last Edited:
It's not ALL bad. It's home to 39mil Kalifedrals that don't further pollute the PNW citizen pool... so... there's one in the "pro" column. 🤣

On edit: Geographically, it's the most likely place in the U.S. for a good chunk of them to fall off into the Pacific ocean... so... I guess that makes TWO in the "pro" column. :s0155:
A gun owner a liberal. Do some reading. ATF.gov.

Californicators have already polluted the pnw just by moving here with their bs.

Does anyone have any idea how they would enforce this law. Will there be test subjects determine the difference in bullet material?
I don't see much from the Biden Administration about banning lead ammo, but the articles that I read say the USFWS has promulgated new rules about shooting lead on Federal lands.

This has been going on for months/years, but nothing has come of it. The Obama Administration banned lead on the last day of office which was repealed by the Trump Administration on the first day.
So this doesn't show where he has signed this as an executive order it does show where they are also banning lead tackle for fishing on federal lands! I'm so sick of these special interests control our way of lives as to how "they" see fit! https://www.guns.com/news/2022/06/10/biden-admin-moves-to-ban-traditional-ammo-on-federal-lands

This has been going on for months/years, but nothing has come of it. The Obama Administration banned lead on the last day of office which was repealed by the Trump Administration on the first
https://www.guns.com/news/2022/06/10/biden-admin-moves-to-ban-traditional-ammo-on-federal-lands.
Here is more detail about their plan which includes fishing tackle placed into the mix from June 10 th. This doesn't say it was signed yet but I'll have to go back through the videos I viewed and find that video. In it the guy mentioned Joe signing It as an executive order quietly… I was shocked..

Found it!
Hmmm. All I can find is that a draft was submitted on the 18th to be scheduled for debate before the Natural Resources Committee. There was also an annotation mentioning that it faces a hard track if the house doesn't maintain the majority this November. Kind of implied to me that it will be awhile before any progress is expected before then.

Stranger things have happened, but kinda odd. If Brandon already signed it, you would think they would be blowing it up all over the media. It would be a massive blow to the firearm communities.

The video doesn't mention any resolution name, number or executive order reference so it's really hard to verify what he's saying.

Maybe we'll hear more about it from other sources soon.

Speaking of sleepy Joe...

I passed this sign on my way home yesterday from visiting my folks in WA. It's on the side of I-84 in Caldwell. 😂

View attachment 1265186

edit: Here's the google street view of it 😂
That's funny. I live in WA and my folks live in Caldwell. I'll be visiting them next week. I'll see the sign in reverse order from you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top