JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think in the future this is what it will come too. People who cant stomach the blue climate will head for redder pastures. There is good and bad with this of course. It makes the conservative areas more conservative and the liberal areas more liberal so its better for you and worse for everyone you leave behind. I already have plans to move to Idaho at some point, its a done deal and just about when I can make it work. Even in ultra conservative Idaho the fight is on though. Its amazing how many liberal bits I read in the local Twin Falls news paper.
We have thought the same but jobs would be the hard part, we would not like being land locked however.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you understand the goal of the progressive there is no place you will be able to get away from their insanity.

I dont agree.

The difference (at least today) is some places they are a majority, some a minority.

Conservatives breed more conservatives, Liberals breed more liberals. I hate to break it to you but the West coast is lost, the battle has been won and you aint the victor. It doesnt get better from here, it gets worse. You want a road map for what Cali, Or and Washington will look like look at other places with Liberal strongholds. Chicago, New Jersey, New York...

Not to say you should quit fighting. I'll be cheering you on from one state away, shaking my head and glad that I moved.

Its also worthwhile to state that Washington was never my home. I was born and raised in Idaho. My family is all there and has 105 years of history in the Magic Valley. I came to Seattle for a reason done what I needed to do and now its time to go home.

Last Edited:
Not to sound like a tough guy or anything, but I have a strong feeling that eventually one of two things will happen:
- The Marxist scourge will reach us at our final redoubts and impose its will, leaving nowhere to run, and so then the fight goes... well, let's just say it wouldn't be a "political" fight.
- Something happens before that point and the leftists are defeated in one way or another.

I think the former is something of an inevitability. The difference between us and them is that we more or less just want to be left alone. I don't think any of us desire to "rule over" them, but they sure as hell want to rule over us. This is because they, at their core, whether they know it or not, are communists. Communists want control over us so they can take what we have. That is their motivation. We are mostly individualists and like what we have, and are willing to trade/share/etc. voluntarily in ways that benefit all parties.

In the world history such rights as they are wishing to strip us of, have never been taken peacefully or willingly I doubt a trend would begin now. I dont count the UK or Aus because they centuries ago fought and lost to that dictatorship and later gun bans were just a formality. Would not be like that here.

People refuse to accept the "Big Picture" of what the fundemental "change" is. It hits you square in the face every day but people won't believe it, they think it will all go away at the next election.

People refuse to accept the "Big Picture" of what the fundemental "change" is. It hits you square in the face every day but people won't believe it, they think it will all go away at the next election.
Funny how that works isn't it? The politicians that are running say all the right things then get in office and...[crickets]. We cannot trust anyone in this system. The next election never gives us anything, we're just deeper down the tubes asking for the same thing.

I dont agree.

The difference (at least today) is some places they are a majority, some a minority.

Conservatives breed more conservatives, Liberals breed more liberals. I hate to break it to you but the West coast is lost, the battle has been won and you aint the victor. It doesnt get better from here, it gets worse. You want a road map for what Cali, Or and Washington will look like look at other places with Liberal strongholds. Chicago, New Jersey, New York...

Not to say you should quit fighting. I'll be cheering you on from one state away, shaking my head and glad that I moved.

Its also worthwhile to state that Washington was never my home. I was born and raised in Idaho. My family is all there and has 105 years of history in the Magic Valley. I came to Seattle for a reason done what I needed to do and now its time to go home.

:D I don't know everything but I have lived here 63 years and I have watched the changes. As a young man oregon was a conservative state, they used to call us moss backs because we didn't like California ideas. We even had governor who told Californians to go home.

Today the scum has turned us into what they wanted to leave when it became un liveable. It makes a man want to move to another state but the scum will follow and ruin all the states. If I stay then I am the rock in the river that impedes free flow. If I run from all I have built then I have to start over.

Not ready to run:D.

:D I don't know everything but I have lived here 63 years and I have watched the changes. As a young man oregon was a conservative state, they used to call us moss backs because we didn't like California ideas. We even had governor who told Californians to go home.

Today the scum has turned us into what they wanted to leave when it became un liveable. It makes a man want to move to another state but the scum will follow and ruin all the states. If I stay then I am the rock in the river that impedes free flow. If I run from all I have built then I have to start over.

Not ready to run:D.

I understand and applaud you for it....

Same token though I dont see Washington as my fight. I belong In Idaho no matter what what the fight is. Its just a bonus that Idaho's political climate is glorious compared to Washington. I have no doubt the fight will come to Idaho. I just dont think I will be alive to see it.

I understand and applaud you for it....

Same token though I dont see Washington as my fight. I belong In Idaho no matter what what the fight is. Its just a bonus that Idaho's political climate is glorious compared to Washington. I have no doubt the fight will come to Idaho. I just dont think I will be alive to see it.

I think about how they have ruined this state but still I have a life here. We used to have the best hunting and fishing but the progressives destroyed that. We had really good education here and they turned it to indoctrination. We had jobs for everyone and you could quit a job and find a new one in the same day. The progressives are a cancer that kills America.

SB941 is the start of making people defenseless just the same as the new laws in Washington. If allowed to keep going we will all be "gun free" while they bring in killers from every where. You can run but you won't be able to hide from the future. I chose to be here and until driven out I will stay.

Personally, I think we will see "Governor" Brown make some big decisions and help some really silly bills / measures get traction they would have otherwise not had, all in an effort to make a name for herself to would be voters come next November, and to be as "progressive" as possible in the eyes of the nation.

She has already said as much in her ever so heart felt speech concerning the tragedy in Roseburg.

BOHICA

Lots of last minute people end up paying way more than they should because they don't see the future. You could have bought a DPMS ar from the local GS for $550 nib before the shooting and they may double in price now.

I remember $13 magazines went for $35 and $18 with windows went for $50. Saw this at the gunshows. This kind of price changes hit at every panic, but who knows what laws the criminals in government are going to pass.

civilianforce.jpg

Everyone maxed out their AMEX card buying anything with an "AR" in it. Now, you can buy 5 complete stripped lowers from Brownells for 199.95.

People have 2,500 dollar AR 15 rifles that they bought 2 years ago and now they almost can't give them away. We are still at market saturation.

Gonna have to be quite a panic to reduce that stockpile.

I did a mag inventory the day of and ordered 20 gen 2 PMAGS in FDE... tired of waiting for Magpul to start making the gen 3s in FDE (I don't like their sand color and don't like painting plastic) and I'm getting doubtful they ever will. Stopped by Cabelas to see if any panic was starting and didn't see anyone going crazy. Cheapest prices I found for mags was Ammunition Depot:

http://www.ammunitiondepot.com/223-5-56-NATO-Magazines-s/1989.htm

Stopped by Northwest Firearms in Tigard just now. Not busy at all and a whole wall full of AR's. Same with Fisherman's Marine in Tigard. No panic yet. Wait until the next legislative session and the AR and magazine ban bills get introduced here in Oregon. On a national level, I think most know that Obama will not be able to convince the current Congress to pass laws that will not change anything. The anti's are spending their money and effort at the state level and Oregon is at the top of their list right now.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top