JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can say they same thing about lobster.
In the 1800's they were considered a trashy low income food and was mainly fed to slaves.
Only with the advent of cheap transportation to inland cities did it become the high dollar cuisine it's considered now.

Well, it's all over now... for me, here on the Washougal, anyway. They are just too far gone. Down to just some spawners here and there. Bagged 5 this season. Should have had more but several got away, a couple of natives released and a couple just too dark. It was fun while it lasted!
IMG_20151011_184432.jpg

That is where I got most of mine. we used to fish the Washougal almost everyday when in season.....

We put in at Crown Z anyone remember........ Hell I hooked into a 30lb female while trolling next to the docks....Dad would fish and me as a kid would swim for lures stuck on the snags:D oh those were the days......

I got to try that !!!

Just lit up a batch of salmon candy.
One cup Sea salt to 4 pounds of brown sugar.
Light layer of the brine to the bottom of a glass pan lay the fish out sprinkle more brown sugar mix over the fish layer if needed cover completely. Refrigerate for eight hours or overnight it will liquefy the brine and then rinse and let air dry. stick into the smoker until the fish starts to sweat. Let cool to room temperature Then stick in the fridge. It will end up coating itself with a sticky candy coating. Enjoy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top