JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I may be ignorant about an Orca's so called healthy weight but those things eat other whales, otters, whatever, and travel hundreds or thousands of miles to follow their next meal so how is it specifically a NW salmon sport fishing issue to these faceless fool bureaucrats?

The ChiCom factory boats have been raping North American salmon fisheries for decades! That column of their war against us started back in the 70-80's.

Try to ask them to back off to "save the Orca" and see what you get :mad:

1631845035522.png
salmon fishing these days.

It wasn't that long ago, they were going to start killing sea lions predating on Salmon, so there were more Salmon for the fishermen upstream. So I guess Fishermen trump Sea lions, but Orcas trump fishermen.

The fact of the matter...too many people, overfishing. Stop making babies.
The jab is going to solve all those pesky population problems, get yours yet.:D

I love salmon.

That said, lingcod is better. In fact lingcod is better than halibut.
I know the sport value isn't there, but I kill to eat .
I have been saying this my whole life as i grew up in the fishing business. Usually I get the stink eye. I am glad there are at least 6 others with correct palettes.

Lingcod are in trouble also. Soon they will pass another fish off in stores as lingcod just like they do Red Snapper. Most likey true cod which is the second or third most overrated fish

^^^
I don't know why true cod (Gadus Macrochephalus) rots so bad ,yet is still acceptable to sell wholesale. I understand the premium price it has, and assume there's a problem getting it delivered in less than a week. But I dread having it as a featured item. It usually won't show up fresh ,and half the time it's simply unavailable .
I get why people want it . The fish can yield some impressive filets, and at its best the meat is very good. Unfortunately, I almost never see either of those things. For about the last 20 years

Cod rant over.

Yep. Nailed it.

Gotta keep the whale-watchers happy. And doesn't impact tribal over-harvesting at all.

Will be moving down south after retirement and going back to bass fishing.
I think they do not give a "F" about whale watching ! They put out crab pots and ensnare whales all of the time all so they can RAPE all of our natural resources for commercial gain ! They fish species into extinction to make the almighty dollar all while giving us the finger . There used to be a big sardine fishery in Newport and guess what it is all gone now. If you ask me I will tell you how I really feel lol!

Nope, much of the problems could be solved by destroying China's fleet of illegal boats that dry rape the oceans of all food. Stop the commercial fishing for five years on the Columbia, make a "new" treaty with the tribes to stop harvesting period, and bring back the hatcheries to full time operations! Kill all sea lions living in inland waters, and go after all the non native fish! Run the rivers properly instead of Willy-nilly by 20 different agencies, and for gods sake, get control of ODFW get rid of the political wannabes and get real people to run it that understand the issues instead of licking K8 carpet!

Nope, much of the problems could be solved by destroying China's fleet of illegal boats that dry rape the oceans of all food. Stop the commercial fishing for five years on the Columbia, make a "new" treaty with the tribes to stop harvesting period, and bring back the hatcheries to full time operations! Kill all sea lions living in inland waters, and go after all the non native fish! Run the rivers properly instead of Willy-nilly by 20 different agencies, and for gods sake, get control of ODFW get rid of the political wannabes and get real people to run it that understand the issues instead of licking K8 carpet!
:eek: "Common Sense" Wut?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top