JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That only works if you are a longstanding registered Democrat.
Get with the times Bro… :oops:
So no cheap tax free alcohol and smokes for us is what your saying ?
1651349483203.png

I retired from WDFW and can assure you that in SW Washington the agency was all about Salmon recovery but not for anglers. It's an extension of the "left's" goofball focus on worshiping the creation and not the creator. In their perfect world, everything would look like it was before man appeared on the scene and then when it all been restored human beings should be deported to Mars. By the way. The cost for each returning Salmon, to the Columbia River is ...........$300.

@oldcorpgunny, I'm sure you did your job to the best of your abilities but know that you were always ham-stringed at what you could actually do for the good of fish recovery and fishermen.

That's just as I suspected all along because for many years I sat in many of those meetings and had the dog and pony show talking heads lie straight to our faces. No more different than a worldwide greedy corporation. Corrupt to the core.

Last Edited:
Nope, much of the problems could be solved by destroying China's fleet of illegal boats that dry rape the oceans of all food. Stop the commercial fishing for five years on the Columbia, make a "new" treaty with the tribes to stop harvesting period, and bring back the hatcheries to full time operations! Kill all sea lions living in inland waters, and go after all the non native fish! Run the rivers properly instead of Willy-nilly by 20 different agencies, and for gods sake, get control of ODFW get rid of the political wannabes and get real people to run it that understand the issues instead of licking K8 carpet!
Seems china is responsible for a LOT of the planets dying species.from fish to rinos.

Seems china is responsible for a LOT of the planets dying species.from fish to rinos.
Yup, their like a plague of locusts, consuming everything before them until there is nothing left! It's not just food ether! Oil, rice, grains, plus all sorts of other things their "Culture" requires like shark fins, rino horns, buffalo dick, you name it, they want it and if they can't buy it, trade it, or make it them selves, they simply take it and give the rest of the world the finger! If they are not stopped, they will rape this planet of everything and destroy us all in the process!

Wow. I thought I-fish was where the crazies lived, but you guys come in a close second. Where do you-all get your information. From each other? Closest to the truth was oldcorpgunny. It all starts with the politicians you guys vote for- who give orders to the "scientists" to give us the scenario we all want…so obviously, you're all voting for the wrong people. Remember that brief reprieve we had with Trump.

Wow. I thought I-fish was where the crazies lived, but you guys come in a close second. Where do you-all get your information. From each other? Closest to the truth was oldcorpgunny. It all starts with the politicians you guys vote for- who give orders to the "scientists" to give us the scenario we all want…so obviously, you're all voting for the wrong people. Remember that brief reprieve we had with Trump.
willem-dafoe-insane.gif

Here in Washington our king season went from 3 months to 3 days in about 3 years what will it be next year? 3 hours? Oh and no coho season this year or last
the title of this thread is correct……

State and Feds have much of the Oregon coast locked up for surf fishing/collecting as well.

Sucks to have Oregon State and NOAA research facilities in Newport.

Check out the Oregon fishing synopsis for the research/no collecting up and down the coast. Anyplace with a mix of rocky shore/gravel/contour that will hold fish available the shore fisherman it's likely in lock up. If you don't have a boat to get off shore you're effectively wasting your time.

I became eligible for a Pioneer license a few years ago. License is effectively free but it's not really worth spending the money on tags. They've pretty much killed fishing on the Oregon coast. Damn shame what has been done to this state in the past 50-60 years.

Don't get me started on abalone harvest limits.......

Last Edited:
Sure glad you threw in that "not really". You had me going for a moment. I though you were serious and I couldn't be friends with you any more.... 🤣
I don't know if your in potland? There are a couple of Asian fish markets on SE Powell Blvd. Okay places to get fresh oysters or live crab. They carry live tilapia. They keep them in a big tank with flowing water. Up off the ground like an aquarium in your home. Only the glass is all scuzzy and there's crud in the water. *barf* that cured me from ever ordering/eating tilapia! Also, you ever see the way the raise them in shallow flooded fields. *wretch* :s0170:

Last Edited:
Okay places to get fresh oysters or live crab.
If we get desperate or too lazy to go get our own I usually go to Uwajimaya for live seafruits.... but always call ahead to see if it's "average human" or "cough up a lung" price week.

Also, you ever see the way the raise them in shallow flooded fields. *wretch* :s0170:
Exactly! It's also not uncommon to see chicken coop cages suspended over a talipia farm. Feed the poultry and the poultry poop keeps the farm fish fed.

Besides all the scuz around the farming process, the fish themselves have practically no nutritional value whatsoever. Practically no natural flavor to boot.

Great for turning a buck and make it affordable for people to feel good... because they are eating healthy by eating fish... but it's all a scam. 🤣

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads