JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Excuse me. But my personal philosophy is/was......

Go big or go home.

LMT
GD
NOC
RTX
HII

What_could_go_wrong.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Declining demand may be a cause of S&W stock value, however declining S&W quality is a more reasonable explanation.
I disagree with your statement. I bought 3 brand new S&W handguns in the last year and all came in perfect condition and have run flawless. Shield Plus, MP Subcompact, 29 Classic, completely satisfied with all 3. Lots of rounds through all of them.

The current stock price is about 3 times more than prior to covid. I bought right as covid hit, more than doubled my money in a few months, and got out. The current market is more like Vegas with this industry in the current climate. Not for the timid. The Kabuki Theater of meeting or not meeting profit / sales / whatever expectations effects the stock price but not really company health.

S&W products I've purchased in the past few years have been solid. Personally know of 20+ others purchased by students that have been running strong with no issues.

It's a little under $16/share, still up nearly $10 from late 2019 so what's your point? That it's halved from it's 5 year high? As long as you owned before June 2020, you've still made considerable profit

They can't deliver on their backorders. IMO they offer too many different types of revolvers. Almost all of them are backordered in the thousands of units. You can't make money if you're not shipping product.

I am told by my distributor this is due to lack of skilled machinists.

If poly80 would make an 80% frame for M&P line that would boost sales for M&P parts line. S&W could start selling complete slide kits and LPKs

They should have a liberal Blue Lable type program as well.

Start offering up those cheap T/C rifles (Gen 3) with a good rebate again. Include a pistol caliber line up as well. 10mm bolt action compass around $200. Oh yeah! Think Ruger 77 but cheaper.

Last Edited:
But communists are prepared?
What?
Good question. Russia is asking for mercenaries? To cover shortfalls during a planned invasion? Now that sounds "prepared." As to companies and crystal balls, there are always the gripers who wish that "somebody else" would do something...
A short course in economics and management sheds some light. Thus equipped, one might conclude that inept management and uncerain futures are to blame rather than the economic system they operate under.

4006 and 5906 need to come back at a $500-$600 price point. Even if the raw parts are outsourced and its assembled and QC checked here in the states to bring down cost. Id buy one of each if they did that

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top