JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife's had the 1.0 for some time now and, although it's great as a very concealable emergency self-defense/escape piece (not a precision target shooter), we'd both like to upgrade from the gritty/creepy feel of that factory trigger. Do you find the Apex FSS trigger kit for the 1.0 worthwhile? I might just smooth out the striker block first and then decide.

Thanks for sharing.

Do the Flat Face and I also have the 1st Gen system. You can dial it in to where she is good with it..... 4lb, 5lb.

I have the competition spring kit also this is what I got tonight. Just got back from the indoor range and it' is PURE HEAVEN!!!

AS CLOSE TO A 1911 trigger as a plastic gun can get!! And I've shot USPSA since 89.
This is what I got for a 9 pull average.on my M&P Core.
20180118_154558.jpg

Everybody's got a gripe about something. Not me on M&Ps.

Smith's M&P was the first polymer gun that got me past 1911's, of which I own a several. Glocks never fit shooting preferences. My early model (1.0) in 40 has a sweet trigger, and shoots straight. Liked it so much, I got a later (1.0) M&P Compact (for the wife) but shoots for SD distances. Bought a full size M&P 45 (the only one in my collection I'd bother with an Apex) and a 45 Compact - and one of the new 2.0s, again came with a decent factory trigger. And I'm pretty spoiled by my 1911s.

Of mine, only 1 out of 5 has a lousy gritty trigger, even that one reliably shoots where I point it.

I don't generally train to shoot self-defense guns past 20 yrds. or with sub-2lb triggers. I have other guns that fit those situations. Besides, no mainstream manufacturer can sell sub 4lb trigger guns at retail. That's what the aftermarket exists for. Count me as a fan of the M&P.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody's got a gripe about something. Not me on M&Ps.

Smith's M&P was the first polymer gun that got me past 1911's, of which I own a several. Glocks never fit shooting preferences. My early model (1.0) in 40 has a sweet trigger, and shoots straight. Liked it so much, I got a later (1.0) M&P Compact (for the wife) but shoots for SD distances. Bought a full size M&P 45 (the only one in my collection I'd bother with an Apex) and a 45 Compact - and one of the new 2.0s, again came with a decent factory trigger. And I'm pretty spoiled by my 1911s.

Of mine, only 1 out of 5 has the s h i t t y gritty trigger, even that one reliably shoots where I point it.

I don't generally train to shoot self-defense guns past 20 yrds. or with sub-2lb triggers. I have other guns that fit those situations. Besides, no mainstream manufacturer can sell sub 4lb trigger guns at retail. That's what the aftermarket exists for. Count me as a fan of the M&P.

I bought a gen 4 34 and was gonna build it for open division, the day before I ordered the parts. I picked up and felt the core grip and bought it on the spot and sold the 34 ASAP.... LOL

My EDC is a 9mm EMP with a 4lb trigger, Magwell, and CTC laser grips.... Love that Damm little tack driver.

I carried thousand dollar 1911's for years - eventually recognizing if I had to use it, I might lose it. So the M&P Compact is my carry piece now, sporting a 357 SIG match barrel. That thing's a fireball with serious penetration.

Love to shoot my 1911s, just don't carry them in public much any more. We the std size plus the compact, 3 calibers each (Sig, 40 & 9) - gives a whole new meaning to a '6 gun' shooter...

P.S. Realize this isn't the For Sale section, but I have a 9mm EMP magazine (factory as new in the bag) to sell; Got it by mistake off eBay and the seller's refusing to refund me. $25 +shipping if not local. Let me know.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews