JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all, Newbie / crossed eye dominant here

While dry firing Hellcat pro with laser ammo(bought last year)
I am keep shooting 1/10 inch right when I aim and shoot with left eye(dominant) and right hand
I do combat hold on my target, Laser shows up right next to the point of aim.

my p320 shows no problem, may be because that has red dot on the slide

I found no problem shooting with right eye and hand with hellcat pro(right on point), I recently figured out my dominant eye is left and surely it is way comfortable when I aim with my left eye.

Any body point me out what is happening? I am still try to working on hellcat pro so Not sure if this is my bad control or iron sight causing this problem.

Recommendations

Test "accurasy" using a Ransom Rest, ask a gunsmith

Probably your finger position on the trigger shoe. If you are using your knuckle intersection to pull the trigger, your impacts will not follow your eyeline.

Use the pad of your finger to pull the trigger, the part directly undrr your fingernail.

Remove the lazer until you can accurately shoot with iron sights only, ditto any red dot sight or flashlights attached, all of these , their weight may effect point of impact.

Gunfights happen in under ten fet you'll never use the lazer or red dot in a gun fight, never... IYKYK

@Nosferatu @Spitpatch @P7M13 @7SFCW4
Guys, Finally get myself down to range

and here's the result. Looks fine. My previous training(used to shoot with right eye) messing me up
When I closed other eye shut, it works fine during dry fire. Live fire works fine with both eyes opened only my bad trigger or grip matters
02282024.jpg

and here's the result. Looks fine. My previous training(used to shoot with right eye) messing me up
When I closed other eye shut, it works fine during dry fire. Live fire works fine with both eyes opened only my bad trigger or grip matters
View attachment 1818471
I'm glad that your real shooting is better than your fake shooting.

View attachment 1818471
Where's the both-eyes-shut target? That's the one that matters in a stressful situation.

Probably your finger position on the trigger shoe. If you are using your knuckle intersection to pull the trigger, your impacts will not follow your eyeline.
I found this to be true in my own case. I have to consciously think about where I put the pad of my finger. It would probably come naturally if I did it often enough. Practice, practice, practice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top