JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Working on setting up this Dillon that we got from my wife's dad who passed away several years ago. Gotta download a manual.

1000002653.jpg

The 550 is a very good machine. I'm about ready to put mine back to work. Have some 357 to load up and a new rifle cartridge to start loading for.
I agree with @aasbra , call Dillon. They will get you set up with everything you need in short order.

Found the pick up tubes.

1000002748.jpg

From what I can tell I'm just missing the follower. Not strictly necessary from what I can see. Fortunately the Dillon manual is very well written so getting its maintenance done should be straightforward.

I downloaded the 550C manual but I also found the original 550B manual. Doesn't seem to be too many differences so far.

I had a follower rod that was broken on a press I acquired. Since I told them it was broken (rather than missing/lost), they sent me a new one, no charge, under the warranty.

Found the pick up tubes.

View attachment 1783129

From what I can tell I'm just missing the follower. Not strictly necessary from what I can see. Fortunately the Dillon manual is very well written so getting its maintenance done should be straightforward.

I downloaded the 550C manual but I also found the original 550B manual. Doesn't seem to be too many differences so far.
The only difference between the B and C models is the way the upper pivots attach and the zerk fittings on the C model.

The follower is fairly important. I've forgotten it a few times and everything works great until you get down to the last few primers, then they stop feeding.

I love the Dillon warranty…but please don't abuse it. The follower is only a few bucks. If it broke, no worries, but if I lost it I would never ask for a replacement under warranty. Some companies have lost so much money to people abusing generous warranty and/or return policies that they've had to get more picky and slow down actual warranty coverage (welcome to my former career).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top