Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Slip 2000 Carbon Killer

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by djaziatic, Jun 3, 2016.

1. djaziatic

djaziatic Portland, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Has anyone tried this product on .22 silencer baffles(titanium)? Wanted to know if it would work good or not before buying. Thanks

2. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Carbon isn't the biggest problem I find when I clean my Sparrow, it's the lead buildup that's hard to remove.
    For carbon removal I use automobile throttle body spray cleaner.

3. djaziatic

Jbett have you tried a bottle?

This product is advertised that it cleans off carbon and lead.

4. djaziatic

"For extreme baked on carbon cleaning. Dissolves carbon and lead on contact. Designed for soaking metal parts with baked on carbon. One of the only reusable products on the market.

Slip 2000 Carbon Killer was designed with your health and safety in mind. Unlike other gun cleaners, this product is non-flammable, non-hazardous and biodegradable. Carbon Killer provides you with a safe effective way to clean carbon, lead and plastic wad fouling."

5. djaziatic

I'll give the community a few days to reply. If there is none then i'll purchase a bottle and do a review. (hopefully someone speaks up if its bad) o_O

Stomper and Sgt Nambu like this.
  6. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I spray the inside of the mono core baffle with Loctite's extreme temp nickle anti seize.
    That solves most of the cleanup issue, but I'm always interested in hearing about a better product.

djaziatic likes this.
  7. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I don't think any of the Slip2000 products are bad, i'd also consider a bath of MPro7 cleaner for the same usage and reasons.