JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting, but to bear in mind too that some of the stuff he was using to test with may be harmful to some components and some may have reactions with metal that may be detrimental to finishes, coatings and even the metallurgy.

I'll second simple green. 👍

Simple green was one of the top performers.
We knew that, 🤪

If it ain't broke............. 👍

The only thing better than simple green is simple green in an ultrasonic cleaner. It works, it's cheap, non toxic, readily available and biodegradeable.

Just sayin....

Used a ton of things over ther decades. The most effective way I have found is electrical. A rubber stopper, an isolated steel rod, and a low voltage dc power source. A sort of reverse plating process. Cleaned many an old surplus rifle, removes all the fouling, rust, copper and lead. The best part is with some ingenuity you can make a setup for around ten bucks.

Used a ton of things over ther decades. The most effective way I have found is electrical. A rubber stopper, an isolated steel rod, and a low voltage dc power source. A sort of reverse plating process. Cleaned many an old surplus rifle, removes all the fouling, rust, copper and lead. The best part is with some ingenuity you can make a setup for around ten bucks.
Enquiring minds want to know.....

Outers made one for a while, but there are a number of youtube videos on it. Briefly, take a 1/8 diameter steel rod isolate it from touching the bore by using heat shrink tubing cut in 1" lengths spaced about 4 -6" apart. Get a tapered rubber stopper that will fit in your chamber snugly. For power I used a cell phone charger. Insert stopper in chamber insert your prepared steel rod into bore, stand the rifle up (best to remove it from the stock) fill the bore with windex (works for me). Connect the wires from the charger to the rod and the front site with binder clips (again, works for me). Plug in charger. If it doesn't start bubbling right away, change the polarity and check that the rod isn't touching the bore.

The Best ...
Carbon Remove.jpg

Just be careful with it. Highly flammable and toxic... exposure runs the risk of kidney, liver, nervous system issues, brain damage.. and chemicals known to cause cancer.

But it works, so I hear, and used by many. POTENT stuff.👍

yep always wear gloves when dumping it on a patch or brush.. there is a reason why they discontinued production of it . but it melts carbon like butter .
I got a couple cans that will last past my lifetime. the stuff is top dog if you have a hard as diamonds carbon ring .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top