JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have several SKS's one is a bastard with no matching numbers so preserving it is not any priority.
It didnt come with a Bayonet , but it has the bracket in the barrel. I am wondering best way to take it off without heating the barrel or damaging it. I realize there is a pin in it but I do not have a press so would be
done by hand and not sure that is how its removed without messing up the barrel.

sks.jpg

Thanks.

Cool thanks I will watch it and see, its such a sensitive areas to heat or pound on . I will watch and see .

Thanks Again.

I rarely say this but you can use a dremel tool and a cut-off disc ( I ugh I said it ;)). Those front sight bases are sometimes so tight they are impossible to remove without screwing stuff up.
Mark the bayo mount with a black sharpy in two places. Slowly cut two slots parallel with the barrel until your about 1/16 from cutting into the barrel . Take a small cold chisel and tap it into one of the slots you just cut.
It should pop right loose.

Ive seen the sight base and the bayo lug on so tight that there isn't a need for the cross pin..I think they put them on with a hydraulic press!

Have some cold blue on hand, and a little steel wool for the bare metal under it!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads