JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Soft solder will work well as a filler for paint it is was also used to secure vent ribs on shotgun barrels some time back. No Idea what they do today?
True! And Hi force 44 is a pretty crazy low melting point for solder as well. Brownells sells it, I bought a bunch on sale in 1/4lb "coils" and it was half price the stuff on the spool. Its not the cheapest solder, but its high silver % (4%) and 96% tin content make it a lot harder than regular lead bearing solders and its kinda made for gun smithing. Well its sold for it at least. The softer stuff might flow a little better though. But it IS the go to for real gun smithing. Melts at a lower temp too 475Β° flow. 14-28k/psi strength its good stuff.

Pm me if you need some I may just help you out, I'm kinda broke and need money and I have enough to last me my lifetime.. It will probably be slightly cheaper than the list on Brownells here. Shipping may be another story though.
Like I said PM me if interested.

Also their carding wheel is made for exactly what your doing. It's fairly cheap good quality and kinda hard to find as well. Those can be really handy. It you don't know a carding wheel or brush is a wire wheel but the wires are very thin something like .0025" thick and softer steel. You can use it directly on blueing and it won't remove it, in fact it's the final step in rust blueing.

Be careful though if you take this route and cerakote make sure to bake on low temp for longer time period. (If you use the bake on series like E or H) I recently used their E series and am VERY happy with it no real use yet still building but VERY slick, the parts glide right off each other even when held level lol.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top