JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well with h&R you could do there barrel program and they would send you extras, thats a huntsmen barrel for black powder. used percussion caps. then the breech plug came out for easy cleaning, the idea behind the high brass and new primer was to act as that. then BB for shot.

acf6dbc.jpg

Oh I don't own any of that, just the 12g model, always appreciated there idea behind the barrel program though, but from what I heard there company is pretty much tanked. I think they are still making some pumps, and they were finding investors to get back on there feet. There defiantly interesting firearms for sure. Was between the Rossi and the h&r but , when I heard the Rossi's we're cracking stocks on hotter loads I went with the one that busts your shoulder up instead.

Enjoy

Careful when loading black powder in plastic shells.
A friend of mine did that ... and after touching off both barrels ... we found melted red plastic in the chamber.
looked like red spaghetti when we pulled the shells out ... Yuck! :eek:

Not saying all plastic shells will do this or those loaded with Pyrodex ... Just that his did when loaded with black powder.
( Winchester hulls )
Andy

FWIW, Back when I was doing Cowboy Action, I'd load plastic hulls with BP and got the melted plastic in the barrel. Scrubbed out easily enough but still a pain. Switched from the regular plastic wads to steel shot wads and the problem was drastically reduced so I think it was more the wads then the hull.

12_Gauge_Muzzle__78924.1425673579.1280.1280.JPG
IMG_1330__95765.1412294086.500.659.JPG

The top is a 12g muzzle loader plug and the bottom is a re loadable shot shell

allows you to use your older 12g that couldn't handle smokeless. i have there 12g to 410/45 long colt adapter, its been awesome for when the woman wants to shoot, or snake charmer

these are a single shot best friend, they even have 8" rifled pistol adapters

I love single shots. Of coarse the shot shell type too.

Got a couple of H and Rs and one old Ithaca.

I did five stand a lot back in Reno and almost broke down and bought a Beretta 692 with an unsingle.

My favorite is this guy. I love letting others shoot it. Bet you can't guess why, hint, it doesn't weigh much!

IMG_1475.JPG

I/m a fan of the old Shotguns and some of the new ones too, If your a skeet shooter your only allowed one round per bird but should be all you need . at some point I will buy a coach gun to add to my collection

Neat!
Is that one of the Survivor models in .410 but where you can take the choke out and shoot .45 colt?
Andy
It is a 12g that I parkerized and cut back to 18.5" and added the survivor stock and forend.

When torn down it fits nicely in a small laptop compartment of a backpack.

If your a skeet shooter your only allowed one round per bird but should be all you need .

True, skeet rules permit only one shot per bird, but a standard round of American Skeet includes doubles at stations 1,2,6 and 7. If you're just playing you can ask the trapper to pull singles instead of doubles. If you're shooting in or practicing for competition a single shot won't cut it. International skeet has even more doubles.

Last Edited:
I'd like a nice single shot shotgun setup specifically for trap, but for whatever reason they start at $1000 for fairly meh ones, $1500 for okay ones (BT-99) and the general range of decent being $2000-4000.

I'll stick to my Remington 1100, thanks :D

I'd like a nice single shot shotgun setup specifically for trap, but for whatever reason they start at $1000 for fairly meh ones, $1500 for okay ones (BT-99) and the general range of decent being $2000-4000.

I'll stick to my Remington 1100, thanks :D
Me too. But I'll stick to my toga.

tumblr_n7e6xlZtOZ1tr6yqoo4_250.gif

A guy in ,well by Port Townsend had quite a selection.
I'm guessing with his personality the store ain't there any more.
First time I went to check out the store he wasn't open yet. Told me he'd be open soon:cool: and closed the door on me:eek:
Then coming back from a gun show we decided to stop in.
I asked about the 24's. He didn't know me at all but told me they were expensive. I should have said 'so $5000?' like I thought that was expensive. But we just didn't bother going back instead.
Oh yeah Chiapa makes a double gun like a 24 now
Rocky Mountain Bushcraft: REVIEW: Chiappa Double Badger Folding .22 Magnum/410 Shotgun
I think I know who you're talking about.
Did the same "not open yet" thing on me.
He's actually pretty knowledgeable but I think he gets BS'd a lot, thus the attitude.
Was out there a few days ago and notice his sign wasn't up anymore.
...btw, Stevens/Savage currently makes a model 42 takedown, and model 42 takedown compact, both in .22/.410.
Not sure what the difference is. Couldn't see any and nothing said why one was different from the other.

Dean

Last Edited:
To answer Andy's question, yes, I like singles.
I've got an H&R 088 in 20 gauge.
Had the 25" barrel opened to modified (was full) and the only time I miss with that gun is when I shoot over it (bad habit that never goes away!).
Got that gun as payment for helping a guy move.
Handles 2 3/4" Winchester Duck and Pheasant loads with no problem...especially once I mounted the Limb Saver on it. ;)
5 lbs. of pure joy, right there.

Shotguns_Mine&Bros_SMALL.jpg

No pic, but also still have my grandfather's 16 gauge.
H&R Model of 1908, first variation....needs a fore end stock, though.
According to Shooting Times magazine it dates from around 1915.
Lockwork's still tight like a new gun, just a smoother trigger.

Dean

Last Edited:
I think I know who you're talking about.
Did the same "not open yet" thing on me.
He's actually pretty knowledgeable but I think he gets BS'd a lot, thus the attitude.
Was out there a few days ago and notice his sign wasn't up anymore.
...btw, Stevens/Savage currently makes a model 42 takedown, and model 42 takedown compact, both in .22/.410.
Not sure what the difference is. Couldn't see any and nothing said why one was different from the other.

Dean
I was talking to a friend from Sequim that his family is from grays harbor. The guy that runs the store is from there.
So my buddy asks to see if he knew any of the store owners family. The guy says 'probably not since they're all in jail' lol
I think the attitude comes from he made lots of money when he was from a jail bait family.
And he knows about the Savages but had to ask me about the value of an AR one time. He knows stuff on his interests
And if he wasn't a Richard I wouldn't post all this;)

I'd like to have one again. I was in Cabelas today and they had an older JC Higgens 12 gauge and they wanted $180 :eek::eek::eek::eek: for it. Sure it had a blonde stock and matching forend but good grief guys.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top