JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We have a place we turn in our silver coin. Wifey works where she handles change, and comes upon the odd silver coins from time to time. "Liberty Coin and Currency" is our go to place. Last couple of times their silver coins/bars have been pretty sold out. All they had for the most part was the more collectable silver coins. If you're interested in coming here for the silver Liberty is in NE potland near enough to 84 and the 205.

We have a place we turn in our silver coin. Wifey works where she handles change, and comes upon the odd silver coins from time to time. "Liberty Coin and Currency" is our go to place. Last couple of times their silver coins/bars have been pretty sold out. All they had for the most part was the more collectable silver coins. If you're interested in coming here for the silver Liberty is in NE potland near enough to 84 and the 205.
thanks, I have been wondering about that place, not really looking for the collectible coins though, I will give them a look.

Don't pay much attention to this but have heard ad's for places that do this on line for many years. Send the stuff to your door. Have to "guess" they must be selling at the "market rate" or not sure why people would use them??
seem to be mostly about $6 - $8 above spot price unless you buy a boat load.

AJPM.COM they're local Portland metro and have live prices online.
10584 SE Washington St. Portland, OR
thanks for the heads up, I just got off their website and plan on calling in the morning to see if they have what I am looking for in stock and if they do I will venture into town and talk to them.

thanks for the heads up, I just got off their website and plan on calling in the morning to see if they have what I am looking for in stock and if they do I will venture into town and talk to them.
Keep an eye on their specials too, sometimes they buy over and sell under depending what they have in stock or if they're selling anything on consignment.

Again know about nothing of how this works but looking at the place one post listed looks like they do the same. Have one price for them to buy, another for them to sell which is of course higher. Makes sense I guess since they have to make money or why do this. Guess the only way to get best rate would be to offer to buy directly from people wanting to sell? As long as you could be damn sure who and what you were buying? I have thought many a time of buying some metal just to in case. The selling if needed was what has always make me hold off. It is tempting to just order some for the hell of it.

Again know about nothing of how this works but looking at the place one post listed looks like they do the same. Have one price for them to buy, another for them to sell which is of course higher. Makes sense I guess since they have to make money or why do this. Guess the only way to get best rate would be to offer to buy directly from people wanting to sell? As long as you could be damn sure who and what you were buying? I have thought many a time of buying some metal just to in case. The selling if needed was what has always make me hold off. It is tempting to just order some for the hell of it.
the whole problem with online sales for me is that they sell a little higher over spot, then there is shipping, then a paypal fee all added to spot price. paypal is
the only electronic $ I use. I would also like to talk face to face and ask questions. my biggest question is what happens if spot price doubles, who do I sell to? I plan on going to AJPM tomorrow with a little over $1k in my pocket and see what happens

The spot price is set by the market like any commodity. Vendors and sellers always sell at some amount over spot, and buyers offer at some amount under spot. AJPM is the best spread I've found around here. Buying privately you can get better deals, but it can be a hassle and some folks are sketchy. There's lots of online options, but again, you never know who to trust, and I'd never pay eBay prices on metals when there's local market options.

the whole problem with online sales for me is that they sell a little higher over spot, then there is shipping, then a paypal fee all added to spot price. paypal is
the only electronic $ I use. I would also like to talk face to face and ask questions. my biggest question is what happens if spot price doubles, who do I sell to
Sell it right back to them. I don't know if they set limits when the market is crazy, but it would likely be in the tens of thousands.

The spot price is set by the market like any commodity. Vendors and sellers always sell at some amount over spot, and buyers offer at some amount under spot. AJPM is the best spread I've found around here. Buying privately you can get better deals, but it can be a hassle and some folks are sketchy. There's lots of online options, but again, you never know who to trust, and I'd never pay eBay prices on metals when there's local market options.
This again had me looking at a few places. Looks like if I buy $200 worth they will ship it to me free. Tempting to put a few hundred in some just for the hell of it. Makes sense that some local brick and mortar may be the best price as they are cutting out the cost to ship. Every time I hear people talk about this I start thinking of buying some again. May just get some as what have I got to lose kind of thing. Price is never going to be nothing of course so not like I could really lose out much. I am NOT brave enough to just buy from some person since I know squat about what to look for and such. So would have to be from some known place. If I was down there in Potland I would stop in that place. I liked the way they worded it in their site. Anyone here know of any place in Pierce County they have dealt with and like?

This again had me looking at a few places. Looks like if I buy $200 worth they will ship it to me free. Tempting to put a few hundred in some just for the hell of it. Makes sense that some local brick and mortar may be the best price as they are cutting out the cost to ship. Every time I hear people talk about this I start thinking of buying some again. May just get some as what have I got to lose kind of thing. Price is never going to be nothing of course so not like I could really lose out much. I am NOT brave enough to just buy from some person since I know squat about what to look for and such. So would have to be from some known place. If I was down there in Potland I would stop in that place. I liked the way they worded it in their site. Anyone here know of any place in Pierce County they have dealt with and like?
Just on a quick search here's one:

Just on a quick search here's one:
Don't know if I am missing something but I can't find a physical address to walk in and buy from them on their site:confused:
Just lots of info about ordering. If someone here has used some place around me here let me know. If I don't find one may order some up. Couple places let you use a credit card. Have no problem paying the fee to do it this way if I don't find a walk up store.

Here's a few more to check out. I didn't research each one, but it's a good place to start and know your market.
The JM is the site I saved as a place to order from. One of those links there is in my area though. So that would be a great place to stop in at, thanks. May end up with a few ounces of Silver next time I manage to get a day off from work here :D

Don't know if I am missing something but I can't find a physical address to walk in and buy from them on their site:confused:
Just lots of info about ordering. If someone here has used some place around me here let me know. If I don't find one may order some up. Couple places let you use a credit card. Have no problem paying the fee to do it this way if I don't find a walk up store.
3710 6th Ave, Tacoma, WA 98406

That is pretty typical these days. The premium for physical silver runs $5-$10 over spot (depending on type of coin or bar, etc.). I think the spot price is only relevant for futures contracts. If you find a place selling physical silver at spot, please let me know.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top