JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Gang,
Question about selling some gold/silver coins.
Can anyone here recommend a local coin shop that is fair for purchasing some coins?
I might go the Craigslist route, but also don't have a problem with a shop that has a good reputation.

Thanks!

Hey Gang,
Question about selling some gold/silver coins.
Can anyone here recommend a local coin shop that is fair for purchasing some coins?
I might go the Craigslist route, but also don't have a problem with a shop that has a good reputation.

Thanks!

it's pretty much the same where ever you go. Depending on the price at the time. Maybe, if you were selling 100s of ounces of coin silver a few cents might make a difference if your buyer was giving up a little of his cut over some others. Current coin silver value is at $24.89, meaning every dollar of silver you have is worth $24.89. Minus any small fee. Last time we turned in a few silver coins we got market value. We go to Liberty Coin and currency out on NE Halsey. They've been enjoyable to deal with.

Harry's Coin Shop on Beaverton Hillsdale Highway is a great place to go. He is courteous, pleasant, and will give you best price in town. He also has great prices if you are looking to buy

Avoid at all costs: LIberty Coin and Currency. They will lowball you and try to make you think they are doing you a favor. Their customer service also leaves a lot to be desired.

Just my experience, but I shop at Harry's regularly, and have not been disappointed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

It might be too far off for you, but there is MJPM in Corvallis. I wouldn't sell to the first dealer to give an estimate. What they pay out can vary a lot. After you've gone to the first dealer, tell the second (and any subsequent) dealer that you've already gotten one estimate and you didn't think it was fair. That might just nudge them a bit, knowing that you aren't desperate enough to take any old offer.

Be aware, on US silver dollars pre-1936 there is a huge premium on common dates. Big spread between buy and sell price. Condition affects price as well. And some are rarish, you might have a Carson City worth $250 (a common CC) and a well-worn (called a "cull" in the biz) common coin worth near scrap value.

When I was a kid, I met an old guy who'd kept two silver dollars in his pocket for decades. They were worn completely smooth, two shiny, white discs that were totally blank.

I don't think I'd be comfortable selling such things on Craig's List. Security issues.

I wouldn't sell. I think silver is being artificially deflated. Yeah they say its selling for $24 a oz. But you cant find it ANYWHERE at market value. Sell it on CL and sell it fir more than market value. Trust me it will sell. Its current "street" value will easily sell for $40/oz. I just bought and sold a queens beasts black bull of turin 2oz for $60. Didnt want to sell but neaded the money.

Sorry, but i gotta ask.
why not sell them here on NWFA ?
Yeah this thought crossed my mind but forgot to mention it. AA+ comment. Also alot of people here have ratings.
Id trust them alot more than CL or OfferUp.
Another thought is joelink may be willing to buy them and then maybe auction them off for the forum to raise funds. Could be win win.
GLWS.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads