JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree that the 320 is fine for normal use, taking to the range, etc.

But what about an extreme situation? Like a fight where you are thrown to the ground, jostled around. Under such circumstances, couldn't a situation conceivably arise where this gun would get impacted in such a way that it goes off in your holster?

Isn't the unlikely extreme the reason we carry in the first place?

I've been frankly underwhelmed by most of what I've read recently on the Sig P320 drop test issue.

Given the need to understand just WTH the real story may be, at last here's a publication that does lots to clarify the facts of the situation:
SIG Sauer P320 Public Service Announcement

Published in Guns & Ammo recently, it 'splains the issue & the solution. YMMV.
SIG Sauer P320 Public Service Announcement

I'm much soothed at this point; given "500,000" P320s shipped; of which 4 incidents have been reported; of which 2 have been eliminated. And that the Sig Factory has stepped up within a matter of 3 days with solution for 'all serial number ranges' to replace parts no charge while paying freight both ways, speaks volumes to me.
I hear ya. Same naysayers whinin' because their pistol didn't get picked, as the one's screamin' bloody murder over the fact that their president wasn't elected.
...man, when did America become freakin' Romper Room. o_O

Dean

I learned my lesson with the POS Sig 556. Many subsequent new Sig releases have reinforced this.

Don't be an early adopter of a new Sig release. Give it a decade first.

20785715_1598093270209030_4138277526369974580_o.jpg

I accidentally dropped a fully loaded Glock from 8' up onto concrete and it hit with the muzzle pointing up as in the video. I was steppin and fetchin but it did not go off and no I won't do it again to prove ito_O.

Got my email and mailing instructions from Sig Sauer to mail my 320 in to them. 4-6 weeks to get it back! Not a can, but still another waiting list!

Did find the bill of sale I'd been looking for tho.

UPDATE: Original post was 10-23. Got a notice today that they have shipped my pistol out today. 5 days?! Last time I needed something from Sig it took about 3 months and 4 phone calls!

Last Edited:
Sounds as though the "upgraded" trigger no longer has the awesome click-click-click that you get with trigger action after the striker has already dropped. This feature is very useful for dryfire practice.

I went to Keith's yesterday to fondle a new P320 and lo and behold, the full size RX model did NOT have the upgraded trigger.

In what alternate universe is Sig Sauer in which they can offer a safety recall, er, voluntary trigger upgrade, and not send every new pistol out the door with the upgrade already having been done? I don't get it! Why wouldn't they make every new pistol out the door have the new trigger, plus get every dealer to send in their pistols right away?