JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i have never been a fan of the sig p320...i dont like the height of the sights above my hand. too high of bore axis

took a trigger assembly apart on one to do a polish and its a nightmare.

-"a glock guy"

Well, Bruce Gray may indeed to be very knowledgeable about SIG guns. But he also has financial ties to both SIG the company, as well as the SIG handgun market. He is one of their official trainers, for training that is available on the SIG website. He has appeared at numerous industry expositions with SIG.

Not to mention that his gunsmithing services offer highly specialized services specifically for SIG pistols. And he markets and sells numerous add-on accessories for various SIG pistols. Heck, he has 4 different trigger enhancement kits for the SIG P series alone, that vary in price from $50 to $320. So Bruce Gray has a clear financial interest in the P320 being successful in the market. The more pistols they sell, the more potential customers he will have for his business.

Consequently, Bruce Gray has a definite and significant financial conflict, when it comes to talking about SIG pistols. That is something that people should be aware of.

View attachment 382038

Gray has been transparent about his dealings with Sig. It is possible that he has never experienced the problem that is being shown. I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt given his reputation and up front disclosure. But I can see why some folks might think differently.

But with that said, Sig appears to have acknowledged that there is a problem and is coming forth with a solution. And ok, they really didn't acknowledge that there was a problem. They took the legal position of saying our guns are to spec but we're going to offer an upgrade to anyone that wants it. At least that is my interpretation.

In other news a court case has also come to light where a police officer dropped the gun, it discharged and he took a round into his leg. And he's suing. Links below.

Sig Response:
SIG SAUER Issues Voluntary Upgrade of P320 Pistol | Sig Sauer

Court Case:
Connecticut Police Officer Sues SIG SAUER for Injuries Suffered When Dropped P320 Discharged - The Truth About Guns

Good info, new to me.

BUT,

Holy hell, was he really standing over/behind the pistol as he was drop testing?? Looked like there was no Lexan or anything else between him and the bouncing pistol.:eek:
You can do this with a primed and otherwise empty case. I did it with my Walther CCP although I couldn't get it to discharge. It was sent in to Walther on a recall anyway.

I have been carrying handguns daily for over 25 years. In that time I have dropped a few. They all seem to drop on their sides when dropped naturally. I suppose you can set up any weapon to fail if you want it to...or if the motivation is high enough.

I have been carrying handguns daily for over 25 years. In that time I have dropped a few. They all seem to drop on their sides when dropped naturally. I suppose you can set up any weapon to fail if you want it to...or if the motivation is high enough.

They don't all land on their sides apparently. We now have a legal case where a LEO is suing Sig because he dropped the weapon and it discharged into his leg. Murphy's law and all that I guess.

Jamie Lee Curtis dropped an Uzi in one of those Arnold movies and it was firing all the way down the stairs as it bounced down (hitting bad guys all the way too)- so we already know this can happen.

Thanks for the refresher!

I just got caught up on this issue...

I'll just leave this here.

IMG_0421.JPG

Looking at this from a broader aspect, the situation now practically begs another series of empirical repeatable tests. This would demand some testing organization NOT connected in any way with SIG or the after market.

Until that is done everything else does not mean that much. And ... even an outside format would also raise questions. So on and so on. That is how good real Science works. You always end up not quite knowing fur sures.

To do the science correctly would be exhaustive and expensive. Thus todays problems with science in general and good science in particular. Someone or something must pay for it all. That alone affects the data base.

This type of testing has already been done..... By the US Army using 810G standards.....

Thank you Health Wharton. What were the Armies conclusions? Also curious as to how the videos testing compares with 810G Army standards. I do not know. This whole thing may not be important ... or it may be very important.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top