JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So what's left of the original, and how did you shoot out a barrel so quickly? I'm still shooting a .22 rifle that was made in 1910.

I still have the factory action and the trigger. Barrel is finally shipping today or tomorrow. Ended up going with a Lothar Walther 20.5" .900 bull barrel with a JGS Match Chamber and nothing wrong with the factory barrel at all, just felt like trying something different. As for the trigger torn on the Timney or the Midas at this point. I could have bought a Vudoo for how much I have in this, but I enjoy the Tikka action.

The next build will probably be one of the CZ 457 varmints in 17hmr with a 24" barrel, but might end up building another Tikka as well. Jury is still out on this one.

Here in UK we'd probably be quite happy with paying out over $1000 for a rimfire, let alone putting on a $1000 stock and a $1000 barrel. Why didn't you just build the whole thing from scratch and have what you wanted?

Not critical, just curious.

Here in UK we'd probably be quite happy with paying out over $1000 for a rimfire, let alone putting on a $1000 stock and a $1000 barrel. Why didn't you just build the whole thing from scratch and have what you wanted?

Not critical, just curious.

For me it is more fun to tinker as I go, being horribly indecisive. Was lucky enough to get the barrel for only $350 plus what it will cost to have it installed. The stock on the other hand was a bit of change since they don't make the X-Ray for the Tikka rimfire, I ended up buying two stocks and retrofitting to make one. I haven't added up the final tally on it yet, but for me the enjoyment is ringing steel plates out to 300y without much difficulty. A lot of that has to do with the ammo, but even more enjoyable is letting others shoot the rifle and seeing them grin in disbelief.

If I were to do it all over again, I would probably just buy a Vudoo, but that in itself is another rabbit hole.

By the way, it was like that when I bought it, about thirty years ago. The stampings 'Not English make' date it's importation date as prior to 1954, but I don't know when it was bubba'ed or reblued.

I use it to teach noobs to shoot at a basic level, since all it has are a set of VERY good iron sights.

1577977901939.png

Top to bottom
First pic top to bottom,, Remington 510 targetmaster, another 510 targetmaster , Remington model34
Glenfield model 20
cooey model 60
Not in pics..Steven's 86c,...Mossberg 46m/b.....Remington model 512....

20190914_093556.jpg 20191214_173357.jpg 20190812_171148.jpg

Last Edited:
I have a pretty utilitarian mix, nothing special other than the BL-22 which was my first real gun, given to me on Christmas when I was 12. I also have an original Colt's .22 adapter and magazines for AR rifles. It works pretty well considering the challenges of bullet jump and oversize (for .22LR) .224 size bore.

20200104_142753.jpg
Browning BL-22. Fired tens of thousands of times, taken hundreds of rabbits, squirrels and crows and I have never had to adjust the sights since new.

20200104_140625.jpg
H&R M12 from the DCM (now CMP). Original Palma rear and International front sight. I have a Ken Viani mount for the 36x Weaver. Heavy sucker but did me well when I used to shoot Mini-Palma back when that was the rage. I wish is still was, .22LR, prone with sling at 200 yards makes for one challenging day at the range.

20200104_143343.jpg
Remington 541-X from the DCM/CMP. I wish the triggers were adjustable since this guy really shoots, holding a bit over 1 MOA at 100 yards with match ammo. But the heavy trigger makes actually getting that performance while in position pretty much impossible.

20200104_142358.jpg
My younger son's and my speed game 10/22s. They both have Brimstone's Tier II trigger jobs and mine has Brimstones pull to release magazine lever. Super fun to shoot these in matches.

20200104_142426.jpg
My youngest daughter's speed game gun. It has a left-hand safety and a left-hand charging handle since she is left eye dominant and shoots off of her left shoulder. She can completely collapse the stock for a perfect length of pull. This also has a Brimstone Tier II trigger.

AND NOW THE MOST PRIZED RIFLE IN MY POSSESSION! (not really)

20200104_140531.jpg
Jennings .22 Rifle with classic Weaver V-22A 3-6x scope.

Don't laugh!

Yes this has a hollow plastic stock and is totally pot metal and plastic except for the barrel liner and a few bolt / trigger parts. Yes this sold for probably $20 bucks new in the 70's. Yes the scope cost more than the rifle back in the day.

But, it actually can hold two inches 50 yards and the trigger is not so bad that it makes a great trainer and due to its 12 inch length of pull a hilariously fun gun to watch full sized adults shoot .

Last Edited:
Realised i've not got any real pictures of this one, i'll have to fix that in future.

I went to go and get a basic plastic 10/22 as it was on sale, as i didn't have one, seems like you just have one, whether you want to or not :D

Anyway, this was on the shelf right next to it, i think like $20 more, was a no-brainer to get the take-down in French Walnut instead of the basic plastic version.

IMG_20180304_172736.jpg
IMG_20180304_193022.jpg

I added this nice little marlin golden 39A just today!
I have one of those and a Marlin 39M. Just haven't had a chance to shoot either as much as I would have liked. Especially, in the last few years. Being Sick(at least, unhealthy) really, really SUCKS!!!

Almost as much as "Autocorrect" if that's even possible.

Finally got around to getting a good family portrait. A couple of these were thanx to Cabela's, as Black Friday Specials and a couple of Gunbrokers! Plus 1 or 2 oldies...

20191108-105010.jpg

20191108-105053.jpg

20191108-105218.jpg

20191108-105303.jpg

Kinda cheating with the last shot (as it's the only I took of this group). The top one is my TCM in 22TCM (awesome cartridge, BTW!). The one below that is a youth TCM in .22 LR, I picked up for my, just turned 6 years old Grandson! Purchased together at, of all places... D&B Supply, on another awesome Black Friday Deal!

Then the one below that is a .22 CZ Mannlicher, that I have always had a hankering to get something in a Mannlicher! The bottom one is a strangler that got caught in the bunch (it's a SAKO in 25-06 Left Handed). Most of these were purchased at about the same time, so these were insurance shots.

20191209-132229.jpg

I just love and can't get enough of good figured dead wood!

Thanx all!

Edit: Oops... forgot to ID the guns in the wife's China cabinet that I converted to a gun case (she wasn't too happy about that!). Top 2 are Kleinguenthers (one being DST!). Then a Winchester Model 75 Sporter, then a Remington Model 541-T with a Bull Barrel at the bottom. A few more in the gun safe, as well, that I will have to post up later.

Last Edited:
Mine are all pre 1900 rifles, but here are a few of them.

This is a Remington #4 .22LR takedown with canvas case. Engraved by renowned Oregon engraver Robert Evans.
View attachment 539145

A Marlin Ballard #3F Fine Gallery in .22 Long.
View attachment 539146

A Marlin Ballard #3 Gallery in .22 Long with full length Malcom style telescope.
View attachment 539147

An early Rolling Block in .22LR once owned by pioneer EC Hackett. Mayor of Oregon City, Or during WWI, early deputy in Oregon, and county recorder until his death in the 1930's.
View attachment 539148

Rolling Block #4 three barrel set. in .22 Short, .22 LR, and .25 Stevens RF.
View attachment 539149

Zettler Bros. Ballard Schuetzen in .22 Short match rifle.
View attachment 539150

Schoyen Ballard Schuetzen rifle in .22LR Match chamber.
View attachment 539151

A.W. Peterson Ballard in .22LR Match schuetzen.
View attachment 539152

Those are absolutely fantastic!

I have this modified Ruger 10/22 set-up to only run CCI Quiet ammunition. It has a Fedderson threaded barrel for my suppressor and a Volquartsen "FireFly" aluminum lightweight bolt. When I shoot this rifle the only noise is involved with the bolt returning and clunking against the barrels breech face. Scary quiet. When I took out a couple of marauding raccoons one night the one got a new middle eye socket and the other one just sat there waiting for it's turn.:

sCIt0RXl.jpg

I have this modified Ruger 10/22 set-up to only run CCI Quiet ammunition. It has a Fedderson threaded barrel for my suppressor and a Volquartsen "FireFly" aluminum lightweight bolt. When I shoot this rifle the only noise is involved with the bolt returning and clunking against the barrels breech face. Scary quiet. When I took out a couple of marauding raccoons one night the one got a new middle eye socket and the other one just sat there waiting for it's turn.:

View attachment 657783
Cool! FYI here is a video of the armscor 22lr suppressed showing how loud it is relative to dropping a pen onto a wood floor. That bolt action and 18" barrel really make a difference.