JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I picked up this 46m-b. Haven't shot it yet 06B45BFE-292C-48BC-9091-25378DC99EF6.jpeg AC211EF5-1190-4B3E-A4AC-3F5DDFB573A7.jpeg

Tell us about the AICS please. Curious if it is the real deal modified to work or something else made for the Savage.

The AICS is from a higher end airsoft gun (Well G96), bought it from the broken toys section of an online airsoft seller. I reinforced the metal part of the chassis with boxed aluminum tubing and then pillar bedded the action into it. It was quite a bit of work but a really fun project and I'm very happy with the way it turned out. Its held up great, been shooting it for probably 5 years now.

IMG_0280.JPG

Dad's Mossberg 142-A...

View attachment 615293 View attachment 615294 View attachment 615295 View attachment 615296

...Haven't shot this gun in many years. Cryin' shame. I need to get it out to a range, soon.

Dean
Just realized, I posted about one of our .22's, but forgot about the other one....

Dad was in the USAF. During that time, one of his assignments was Tin City up in Alaska.
He told me he found this pistol in the PX on sale and grabbed it for the princely sum of $25...

Ruger_Mk1_Dad_01.jpg Ruger_Mk1_Dad_02.jpg

...first pistol I ever shot.

Last Edited:
Pulled this out of the safe today
High Standard Sport King Special

Attachments

• IMG_20200101_155218.jpg
    IMG_20200101_155218.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20200101_155122.jpg
    IMG_20200101_155122.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 152
Re post #116 - from another forum - Due to the fact that Germany per se was prohibited from making firearms until around 1950-52 - the factory that made these little rifles had been moved in the US Zone of 'Western Germany'.

Here is the lonk to a LOT of information about this gun and its US-made HOBAN original - what is this one

Your rifle is one of TWO: the FIRST was the original Hoban Model 45 and RIFLE #2 was a German-made clone ordered and marketed by United Arms of Chicago.

Bill Goforth gave you the majority of the info, but here's some additional data he may not have been aware of.

John D. Hoban bought the remanents of the Hamilton Rifle Co., and moved the operation from Plymouth to Salem, Michigan. When Hoban shut down 4 years later in 1949, United had the gun reproduced by a German firm so they had to completely retool and their gun was totally metric so there is NO interchangeability of parts between the two guns.

The German gun was advertised in the Dec. 1953 American Rifleman, using a small space in full-page United Binocular ads. They were offered at $14.95. Sales failed and production immediately ceased. They are a very difficult gun to find today.

The German gun is well marked as made in Germany and has United Arms of Chicago stamped into it. The Hoban too is well marked. No mistaking the two even though they look identical.

Cloverine Salve was connected with the Hamilton, but I've found no indication that the Hoban was ever offered as a sales premium to youngsters.