JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK well we were trying to find out brand or models we are looking at a Nikon or a connon basic beginners stuff lol if she doesn't follow through with it I will be using it haha

I just told my sister that I would go on my gun blog and ask because I was looking at the pictures that you guys and girls have on here and they looked awesome so just thought I would ask because my camera is my phone or the $120 camera from Walmart lol I have no idea what's out there now

These were taken with a Nikon D300 and either a 17-55 or a 70-200 f 2.8 lens.
d2.jpg
d1.jpg
d5.jpg
d6.jpg

Alright, cool, didn't know we had this thread, what a bump :)

@EPS I'm a Canon guy, but honestly, for her, i would say Canon anyway, their menus are the easiest to work out and navigate.

For her age and the money range, i'd look at the Powershot SX720

Looks to be around the 300-ish mark on Amazon right now.

There are some really nice pictures in here, i feel like making a stipulation that they should only be pictures taken by yourself or equivalent?

It's going to be a race between @Joe Link and myself to get the lightbox up and running :)

OK well we were trying to find out brand or models we are looking at a Nikon or a connon basic beginners stuff lol if she doesn't follow through with it I will be using it haha
All my photography today is done with my iPhone... No DSLR, although I have a couple of older Minolta film bodies, assorted lenses, motor drive and filters... That I do still occasionally use... Hey, I'm an old guy, what can I say...

COOL I know what you mean I use my phone more than my camera also but if she really likes photography she's going to have to learn bout cameras that have better than 12 mega pixels lol

Ignore (mostly) the megapixels. 12 is very good, but even the manufacturers in recent times have realised it's not about the megapixels anymore.

There are some really nice pictures in here, i feel like making a stipulation that they should only be pictures taken by yourself or equivalent?

It's going to be a race between @Joe Link and myself to get the lightbox up and running :)

Damn, I didn't know it was a competition! I unfolded that tent when I received it last week and just figured out how to get it back into the pouch tonight :D I have yet to use it, waiting on lights.

I agree, this should be a thread about photographs we've taken ourselves. I updated the title to clarify.

I have an older Pentax digital pocket here is what's good and bad;
it is 5 mega pixels which is absolute minimum for prints up to 5 X 7 maybe 8 X 10 depending on the subject matter better 10 to 15 mega pixels and a minimum if larger prints are needed. it has the basic manual settings and auto settings a timer and self picture timer and does video.
4 x optical zoom is barely OK and up to 8 digital but scrap digital go for the most optical zoom you can afford. leave digital zoom for the computer. you cannot change the lens or add filters.
Nonetheless it is a good camera because it is small and more likely to be with you, takes good pictures especially close up .
My other camera is more useful for a serious photographer, it does everything but give you change. However five to six times larger so good for when serious about what your doing because it is a lot to pack around..
One thIng I don't like about the small point and shoot is it takes five or more seconds between the time you turn it on till you can shoot you can miss a lot of action in those seconds whereas the professional one is instant on.

Damn, I didn't know it was a competition! I unfolded that tent when I received it last week and just figured out how to get it back into the pouch tonight :D I have yet to use it, waiting on lights.

I agree, this should be a thread about photographs we've taken ourselves. I updated the title to clarify.
Oh dear, you've already gotten further than myself; i saw someone asking how to get the thing back in to the case, so i just left it in the bag and stared at it after getting it out of the box, then set it aside....

Oh dear, you've already gotten further than myself; i saw someone asking how to get the thing back in to the case, so i just left it in the bag and stared at it after getting it out of the box, then set it aside....

You ought to have your lady record you trying to fold it up for the first time :s0114:

Here are a couple of iPhone pictures that were taken on our place. I've shared them before on a different thread - hope you don't mind if I post them here.

For the lightning picture, I took a series of 20 second videos of the storm, then scrolled through them and took screen shots of the strike.
IMG_0150.JPG

There were two pictures taken of the rainbow - one with an iPhone, and one by a professional photographer. I like the iPhone picture best.

IMG_4683.JPG

I just told my sister that I would go on my gun blog and ask because I was looking at the pictures that you guys and girls have on here and they looked awesome so just thought I would ask because my camera is my phone or the $120 camera from Walmart lol I have no idea what's out there now

Nikon D3300's are cheap secondary market. D3400 is their newest, buy a good lens that's fixed like a 50mm prime ($180 eBay) and have fun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top