JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks. It's fun to drive, since those pictures were taken he added 4 link rear suspension with airbags at all corners and rack & pinion steering, it handles like a Corvette. He passed before he could upgrade the brakes, I think I'll install a set of 6 piston Wilwoods.

I'm sorry for the loss of your brother! He obviously had talent! My sympathies! SRG

I inherited this when my extremely talented automotive engineer brother passed away, 620 hp to the rear wheels and it's CA smog legal.
http://www.i-disappear.com/mad.htm
A little late but, condolences on your bro.

And...

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN. Wish I coulda picked his brain for design/build on a few automotive projects I've had perking in the "concept" phase for several years...
(2 '82 Firebirds, one '86 Crown Victoria, one '87 XJ6, a replica Duesenberg and a DeLorean)

I'm dipping my toe in the Quadcopter pool.

My son bought a DJI Phantom III and was having a ton of fun making videos, so my younger son bought a $35 indoor/outdoor cheapoquad.

That inspired me to buy a cheapo Hubsan X4 H107C to try out. I like it a lot and now I'm ballz-deep into getting a FPV racing setup.

Great to see everyone's hobbies here! My list is long but fun.

Cars and trucks, current and past, some new, some that got a light restoration.

Lotsa mods on this one ...

032509SF_zps587ad9e6.jpg

Same deal with this one...I can't leave 'em alone!

041615%2001_zpsmjtt0fjo.jpg

My last resto project - A 1985 K5 Silverado Blazer:

JeffsWhite852.jpg

I build stuff ... this is a project that I am just finishing up...an extension to my wife's fused glass studio:

053115%2001_zpswiuyou80.jpg

061915%2004_zpszxmrb57a.jpg

Speaking of glass, I'm the grunt labor and the wife is the artist:

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0028_zpsrydqlpdd.jpg

Redstone%20Glass%2001_zpsggfxklkh.jpg

I enjoy music...both listening (the gear hobby is a sickness of mine) and playing.

PICT0003_zpse35612a0.jpg

12311411_zps90777a8f.jpg

And I've been known to crank it up from time to time: :)

12311415_zpse921544f.jpg

I learned how to do minor repairs to home stereo gear. This is the old Yamaha gear stack I started with:

YamStack01_zps329d61b0.jpg

I got most of it running. I now have a Yamaha/Pioneer/Paradigm alarm clock in the master :D,
The wife has a CR-2020 receiver and JBL speakers in her glass studio, I have a Yamaha/TEAC/NHT/Denon system in the shop/garage, the main system has seen a few changes since that last pic above was taken and I recently cobbled together a system for the youngest daughter who struck out on her own recently. Now she's into vinyl and wants me to find her the right turntable and cartridge combination.

Oh, and the playing part. It's all guitar for me, acoustic guitar to be specific:

Trio01.jpg

Our next adventure will probably include a recreational vehicle of some sort. Gotta put that big Ram pickup to work!

Not flying as much as i want to here in the NW , but planes are my biggest passion. Back in Cali we could fly 300 days a year.

The old girl doing work. Nothing like a 1400hp radial, best time you can have with your cloths on. I have a video on my fly by but I guess we can only load pictures.

image.jpeg

Best thing I ever did. I've flown planes since I was 16 years old, but it wasn't until I sold my business 2 years ago I actually went and got my license. You need series time available to do it, (as in consecutive)or by the time your ready for the next section, you'll forget the previous section. That's just me though, I need to do it hands on not read it in a book. Lots and lots to remember.

Very cool I've been tossing around the idea of getting pilots license for years.

I'm into guns, guitars, dirt bikes, rock crawling, hot rods, hunting and fishing. Other stuff too but that takes up a lot of time. Don't have a pic of my guitars on this puter and I'm between fast cars right now, sold my '05 410 rwhp turboed S2000 that I had for 8 years (daily a Focus ST). I also have 7 yo twins, a 32 yo son and a 34 yo daughter all with the same lady :) 3 grandkids too. We have 30 acres, I shoot daily and reload on a Dillon 550, put 100 rnds through the 10mm long slide after work today.

4runner.jpg bike.jpg elk.jpg

I'm into guns, guitars, dirt bikes, rock crawling, hot rods, hunting and fishing. Other stuff too but that takes up a lot of time. Don't have a pic of my guitars on this puter and I'm between fast cars right now, sold my '05 410 rwhp turboed S2000 that I had for 8 years (daily a Focus ST). I also have 7 yo twins, a 32 yo son and a 34 yo daughter all with the same lady :) 3 grandkids too. We have 30 acres, I shoot daily and reload on a Dillon 550, put 100 rnds through the 10mm long slide after work today.

View attachment 278999 View attachment 279000 View attachment 279001
You have to be OLD:eek:,and still doing all that stuffo_O
Good for you

You have to be OLD:eek:,and still doing all that stuffo_O
Good for you
Uh, not sure if your joking or not. I'm 53 which I don't really consider old.

I've broken 22 bones, have 3 plates, one loooong rod through a femur and 26 screws in me mostly from dirt bike riding, which I still do by the way, a couple from football when I was a kid. My 7 yo boy and I ride together but I don't try to be a supercross champ anymore.
My dad died at 51, he worked like a dog trying to make a good retirement for himself. Old school, never missed a day of work, never sick, always put things off until 'later'. Cancer is an insidious beast, it doesn't care about your plans for the future. At 25 I vowed not to wait on anything, if I want to do something, I do it, if I want to go somewhere, I go. Keeping active keeps you active, once you slow down it's all over.
Enjoy your time, it's really not that long.

Collecting old brewery & beer stuff. Openers, signs, cans, bottles, backbar chalk figures, serving trays. If anyone has similar interests, email me. There's a good collecting club in PDX.

My newest find is a serving tray from the Star Brewery in Vancouver, WA. It was made between 1894 and 1905. Oh Yeah!

Star Brewery Tray.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads