JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Fire pits are too great to be delegated soley to the camp sight! I try and get out one evening a week and ditch the electronics.

Anyone else love smelling like fire for a few days?
B5h9HRc.jpg

I built one in my yard and ran an underground gas line over it. I have the option to use it as a log lighter to burn real wood (and do), or lay in pea-gravel and use it as a decorative gas fire-pit.

When (more like "if") I open the key-valve 100%, it's over 300,000 btu/hr..... :eek:

B6E1665D-9355-452E-A725-14B171F91A25.jpeg 236739E7-E971-4C98-AC34-555F14BC078F.jpeg

I built one in my yard and ran an underground gas line over it. I have the option to use it as a log lighter to burn real wood (and do), or lay in pea-gravel and use it as a decorative gas fire-pit.

When (more like "if") I open the key-valve 100%, it's over 300,000 btu/hr..... :eek:

View attachment 444805 View attachment 444806

NICE, may do something like that for the back patio!

Fire pits are too great to be delegated soley to the camp sight! I try and get out one evening a week and ditch the electronics.

Anyone else love smelling like fire for a few days?
View attachment 444802

I spent many a weekend as a lad cutting and dragging juniper into "fire pits" at my uncles ranch in Sisters there in Central OR... I loathed it then, but there is just something about that scene that makes me miss those days... and the smell of burning juniper. I will never miss the long hours of marching up and down the hay fields tossing rocks into the bucket of the tractor though. I helped create a small mountain next to each of the 70acre fields for a meesley few dollars an hour.

0D149D2F-C77E-453F-A434-E0812C2468EF.jpeg
The wife and I built this last year after filling in our pond that we had. Used rocks from around the pond and a fire ring kit from Amazon. Buried the line in conduit, used cement backerboard for the ring to set on and ran it to a portable propane tank.

[QUOTE="Mygrainman, post: 1922906, member: 38008" I will never miss the long hours of marching up and down the hay fields tossing rocks into the bucket of the tractor though. I helped create a small mountain next to each of the 70acre fields for a meesley few dollars an hour.[/QUOTE]

That is a never ending job out here. I am sure my son will feel the same way you do.

I dug a 3' wide pit and dug 2' down.

Lined the outside with cement wall bricks.

Not pretty but it works.

Covered in grass atm or I'd take a picture lol.

Maybe when we get more nice days then wet ones I get it up and running.

Top one looks like you have a car on fire too!
Gabby
That is just the plastic sheeting I put over it to keep the slash pile dry so I could burn it later.

Almost all of my slash piles had to be burned three times and there were still stumps left over in that particular pile.

I am going to have more piles this year - maybe next - because of the new timber sale. Going to be a lot of work.

IMG_0885.JPG

I keep threatening to make a more permanent setting for ours but then remember that I don't seem to have any friends that actually like to hang out around a good fire. :)

EC4869A4-51EB-4ED3-8B77-5ACCA600652B.jpeg I used to have the same issue about friends. Got mobile...and the weekends are booked months in advance and can't remember the last time I brought beverages or steaks.:)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top