JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
39A (22LR a real tack driver)
22.jpg
The original "pack rifle"
39A.jpg

30/30
3030.jpg

45/70
leverloop.jpg

I grew up shooting a Browning BL22. I've had this one for about 10 years now. The scope is not a red dot. I had a cheap one on it for a while but like this better. Though I may try to find a 3x fixed to put on it.
I did too. Lost it in my 20 somethings days. Damn it. Just bought another one recently to satisfy my longing for it back. (Browning also has a $100 rebate going on now for the 22's. The check came in 2 weeks!!) I didn't remember BL-22's being such a little feller tho.

My lever actions at the moment..:)

Winchester 94 trapper 44mag
Browning BL-22 grade II 22
Winchester 9422m
Winchester 1895 30US/30-40 Krag
Birth date 1900 I've always wondered what stories it could tell.

9540907C-3D51-4831-93D9-D04BB6632E1E.jpeg

Last Edited:
My newest lever action is on the left. It's a Marlin 39M. On the right is it's older and longer barreled brother, the Marlin 39A. Both of course, will shoot .22 short, .22 long, and .22 LR rimfire cartridges.

GEDC1111_2.jpg

Aloha, Mark

I do like the levers, though i only have two, and have only shot one so far :( I think another is in order at some point, just not sure what, likely another Henry.

For now, some quick and dirty snaps of my Winchester 94, 1977 special edition in 30-30.

IMG_20180311_123713.jpg

IMG_20180311_123733.jpg

IMG_20180312_124908.jpg

Last Edited:
Nice. You could handload for slower burning powders with a barrel that long.
Well, if you measure where the chamber starts and to the muzzle, it's a 28". I have looked for a used set of dies for it off and on but haven't for quite awhile. Maybe I'll break down and get a new set one of these days. Have to admit I don't shoot it much these days. :(
Thanks DeanMk!!

Well it's definitely not 20 or 22 inches, so yeah, I'll take your word for it...28".
I might have a box of empties still sitting around. I remember a friend of my dad's asked him to reload some for him and I don't think he reloaded all 20, if any at all.
Let me know if you're interested, I'll take a look.

Dean

1952 Winchester 94 30 wcf. My one and only.
Story is I'm the third owner, the original owner was a rancher in southern Idaho who carried it on the range in the Eubanks leather scabbard (pictured; manufactured in boise Idaho sometime between 1939-1950) for 40 years. The finish wear is proof both items were used as intended. Internals show very little wear. If this rifle could talk..... 20180909_145502.jpg

1952 Winchester 94 30 wcf. My one and only.
Story is I'm the third owner, the original owner was a rancher in southern Idaho who carried it on the range in the Eubanks leather scabbard (pictured; manufactured in boise Idaho sometime between 1939-1950) for 40 years. The finish wear is proof both items were used as intended. Internals show very little wear. If this rifle could talk.....View attachment 497574
The scabbard looks like it was made for a scoped rifle.

The scabbard looks like it was made for a scoped rifle.
I think you're right, which is an interesting observation considering it's size. I didn't think these carbines were scoped very often in the era this scabbard was crafted. This carbine has no signs of ever having an optic so I suppose it's possible the story I got was embellished. No way to be sure.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews