JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks. Dixie has the Reproduction of the Malcolm Scopes from the late 1800s.:):):) Not Cheap but it looks to be a good match-up for the Leveractions! I think they'll be in good thing to have for a couple of my Guns.

That's a completely different animal and respectable. I'll agree too that scopes aren't quite as much as a faux pas and agree with Wayno's remark.

I actually own a couple soulless steel handguns and 1 long bolt gun, but I can't seem to shake the "cringe/pucker" factor seeing it on a lever action. :)

Yeah I dont really like scopes on Levers but my eyes are bad now so it was either scope them or stop shooting them... I still have a 1950 336A waffle top 35 Remington that I have not scoped, I may just sell it so I wont be tempted :(

Had a Springfield XD Compact, traded it and a RIA 2011 for a Henry Big Boy in 45Colt (Long, etc...) and haven't missed either of them since. 2" groups at 100 yards and if I get really careful with my handloads I bet I can get that into 1 MOA territory. Get the lever. There's always another WunderPlastic9!

I have about a 20-25 year old Marlin Model 1895 in .357 magnum. I used to have a Dan Wesson Model 15-6 in that caliber, and thought it would be cool to have a rifle and handgun in the same caliber. The Dan Wesson (bought new in 1975) was worn out about 8-9 years back and I don't have a .357 magnum pistol any more. I did scope the Marlin with high see through rings, so the open sights can be used. My 64 year old eyes require scopes these days anyway. I found the Marlin likes 125 grain hollow points the best. I think for using a rifle in home defense, a .357 mag would do well.

To me the Malcolm Scopes from Dixie Gun Works makes a great way to get the most out of a Leveraction and to keep the Traditional Looks alive. I've topped a New Marlin in the .32H&R Magnum caliber with one and it really looks great!!! I feel like I've stepped back in time to the Civil War and I'm ready to start Sniping those nasty Yankees! It doesn't have a Side Loading Gate(it loads like a .22 Rimfire) and that makes it more and more like the Original Henry Rifle. A Truly Great Combination - Modern and yet still Traditional in appearance.:):):)

I Used to handload for the .32 H&R magnum. And, the 32 Smith & Wesson Long. I thought the .32 magnum would be a good caliber for NRA Hunter Pistol. But, I had such good results with my Contender in .357 magnum shooting .38 special Federal brass and Winchester 110 grain jhps over, I think it was, 5.4 grains of Bullseye powder, that I stuck with it. I used an ancient Aimponit which I still have. Won a bunch of matches with that gun and load. I reloaded 32-20 for a friend for the same use, and that was also a good caliber.

Yep, I used the .32H&R Magnum for NRA Hunter Pistol Silhouette matches myself. I used the .32S&W Long HBWC loads for the Chickens and Pigs. Then I went to the Magnums for the Turkeys and Rams. I collected my share at the end of the day. I was using a Smith and Wesson Model 16-4 with an 8-3/8" Barrel and a Leupold 2X Long Eye Relief Scope. It worked out so well that I didn't have to change the settings on the scope - the extra poop from the Magnums took care of that!

I've thought long and hard about doing a little rechambering on the Rifle to make it into the .327 Ruger but the Marlin is such a Collectors item, well...

I've Fired several hundred rounds in a single day and yes, they are the greatest thing when scoring a Target. I also just love the things in my Smith and Wesson Model 52-2. They are the sweetest round. Recently purchased a good batch of the Match Ammunition from a member of this board. With a bit of luck I'll be around long enough to have to do some reloading of some of the empties.:):):)

My ole man told me never to bother with levers. So when I turned 50, I decided Id go check out levers. Ive got 2 left, after going through a pile of them.
A 1949 Winchester 1894. It is so ugly no one will give me $600 for it, quit trying to sell it.
Its in 30WCF, but them Marlin 30-030 cases fit real nice. As far as I know its never had plated projectiles fired though it, and all the lands are sharp. a lead baby.

My other lever is a 2002 Marlin 1895 Guide Gun, in 45-70. They is what they will take from my cold dead hands. It is the ideal S&M firearm. It delivers 3500psi @ 100 yards, and will penetrate 8 feet of meat.

My ol' .30-30...

DSCN2195.JPG DSCN2198.JPG

Bought her about 30 years ago. Turns out she was made in '79.
Good little shooter, but I hardly ever touched her, so I sold her a couple of years ago.....and I've been wanting another lever action ever since. :mad:
Don't mind the .30-30 round. Highly underestimated. For most hunting situations, she gets the job done with a modicum of fuss and muss (despite Paul Harrell's comments, I wanna try the Buffalo bore round on elk!).
I think the next one is gonna be a Marlin. I like the idea of mounting a small rifle scope, like a 1-4x, rather than the fixed pistol scope hanging half way down the barrel like my dad's 94 has.

Dean

Last Edited:
Don't mind the .30-30 round. Highly underestimated. For most hunting situations, she gets the job done with a modicum of fuss and muss (despite Paul Harrell's comments, I wanna try the Buffalo bore round on elk!).

This .30-30 has been in my family for three generations, it has taken elk, bear, deer and who knows what else long before any special loads were made for it:

10712830_303288126532726_3962945901327460712_n.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads