JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ammo, firearms, magazines, spare parts food and water. That's all I'm buying. However, My father and I are buying x-amount of silver every month during our busy season and placing it in a few Secure locations between the two of us.
Now if you've got more money than god, do the above mentioned and perhaps get a "purposed vehicle" and a storage unit very close to home as well as onein your own garage, I'd also placemultiple food caches around town.. Discreetly.

Again, aside from ammo, firearms, magazines, spare parts, food and water.. The rest is all if I had more cash than I knew what to do with.. Sadly that isn't the case.

Silver cost to produce seems to be running ~$24/ounce so should I invest more in guns or silver? I love both. I think some day people from China, Indian, and other emerging markets will begin to compete on a grand scale for precious metals. The demographics of these countries (2 billion) will drive demand through the roof. We will all say "I should have bought silver when it was at $28 per ounce back in March of 2013. Current mining yield is ~750,000,000 troy ounces per year and yields continue to decline. People with disposable or investment funds continue to increase. I wish Americans would wake up to what is going to happen in the future. More people competing for a shrinking supply of precious metals.
I also quit doing the 401K investing thing since government debt will mean higher taxes in the future for all and destroy the tax deferred benefits of 401K plans. My 401K plan is now a physical silver plan. :D
Guns continue their historical growth in value of ~1-2% per year.

Silver cost to produce analysis:
<broken link removed>

If you are concerned with future taxes, switch to a Roth.

I bought some silver before the crash because of this thread. Lol, I'm not tripping though. Last week silver seemed plentiful at ajpm. Now, it feels like I'm out looking for ammo. I do kind of hope it drops further, just so I can stack up the shiny, and bring down my dollar cost average.

Forums always seem to make me spend money on things. I recently bought a spyderco delica and found edcforums and started buying more things.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Buy low, sell high- "cheap" semi-auto military-style weapons, but not hunting bolt action rifles. Ammo is an even better buy.

Even after the panic has settled down, my $79 SKS and $300 AK are worth a lot more.

There are a lot of guys who bought $2,000 AR-15s and $50 pmags that are regretting it. But buy a $700 AR now and you know exactly what will happen when the next legislation scare comes- and it will.

The market sure changes fast. I checked my local gun shops today- few customers and each had around 10 ARs for sale under $1,000. But you can be sure that AR will never be worth $0, unlike stock investments.

Break Them on May 1st 2013 - The Truth Rises Wednesday

1. The run on physical silver and gold that has been taking place since April 12th and 15th goes bionic ... parabolic. Even the NYT and CNBC will be unable to ignore that "something big" is happening in the world's precious metals (physical) market.

This "something" is that Joe Smoe's on Main Street are voting in mass for silver and gold.

And against: The Fed, fiat money, U.S. Treasuries, bloated government, deficit spending, unlimited money printing, Too Big To Fail (or Jail) banks, crony finance, etc.

2. It will become even more likely that the "real" price for gold and silver will be determined by the physical market, not the "paper" market so many of us believe is rigged and controlled by The Usual Suspects.

3. The effort will generate headlines that might cause others who have never considered investing in silver or gold to say, "Hey, what's the fuss?" and look into precious metals to protect their own futures.

4. It will make JP Morgan brass, Ben Bernanke, Treasury Department honchos, the president and politicians who depend on money-printing to fund their playground ... squirm, cuss, panic?

5. It will make those who predicted the gold and silver bubble had burst reconsider their predictions and, well, look stupid ... again.

6. It will make those who likely orchestrated the recent "smash down" of gold and silver prices &#8211; in an effort to kill investor sentiment toward precious metals (to protect the dollar as the ultimate "safe haven") &#8211; rue the day they signed off on this gambit.

7. It will illustrate again how "ingenious" central planning can sometimes backfire and confirm again "the Law of Unintended Consequences."

8. It will perhaps make more people aware that the statistics and "talking points" that are being disseminated about the economy are not to be trusted. Nor are the journalists who are supposed to report on it.

9. If May 1 sales are significant enough, this will (one would assume) increase the price of silver. This makes the silver you have already purchased more valuable. That is, your net worth could increase.

10. If the effort reinforces notion that there actually is a run on physical silver and gold taking place (one that is clearly not abating), it will motivate others to buy into the market, which will further increase prices and enhance your net worth and protect your wealth.

11. It will reinforce Ron Paul's notion that silver and gold are "real money" and perhaps move us closer to the day where the majority of Americans favor a return to some form of gold standard.

Finally, if you buy some silver coins, rounds or bars, you will have a store of value you can save as long as you prefer. Maybe the price will go down the next day or for a period of weeks, but you should know that, at some point, the prices are going to go back up, maybe even to the sky.

In other words, a lot of good can happen by supporting the "Buy Physical Silver" effort on May 1st, and certainly no obvious "bad." (I'm sure others can come up with even more reasons to jump on board this effort).

I say let's all do our part, send a message from the Peons, and cast a "vote" about status-quo insanity by buying (physical) silver on May 1st; and then ...

12. ... See what happens. It might be quite fun to watch to boot.

I am all for divirsification, I really am. I would buy the crap out of some silver right now if I could find some, but until my 401 k stops climbing like the national debt clock and until I stop getting fat dividend checks every three months, I will be pretty happy with myself staying in the market.

Everything is a risk and currently mine is paying off much better than the people who bought silver at $33. Use your head and buy low and sell high and do not believe propaganda, whether it is Wall st's or the doom and gloomers.

I know most of you guys are no where near my neck of the woods but with today 3.5% drop in silver Im assuming some of you might be in the market to stock up and if you are close enough to bellingham or are planning on buying a large amount of it and its worth the drive a place up here, Bayside coin and jewelry has*been having plenty in stock. They did raise thier premium but i think its 2.25 for rounds and 1.75 for 10 oz. bars. And I bet they have as much as your looking. And if you want a lot and I mean a lot. Like 10k ounces. Id bet they could get it in a few days

Note: I have no affilitation with the shop

Yup, best time to buy is in the morning.
Last year I bought silver at $35 an oz. Gold at $1,702 an oz. did i reget buying it? No cause i believe someday it would come back up.

Especialy tomorrow morning. The world market dropped anther 1.8%. I bet new york is going to be on a slow decline the first half the day... Then see a nice jump back up to about 23.50. At least I hope so. I know its a long term investment but I still dont like seing it much under 24. Its too bad Im broke or I would be in buying bullion first thing. Why do wives think every dollar of savings should be in the bank losing 5% of value?

I am all for divirsification, I really am. I would buy the crap out of some silver right now if I could find some, but until my 401 k stops climbing like the national debt clock and until I stop getting fat dividend checks every three months, I will be pretty happy with myself staying in the market.

Everything is a risk and currently mine is paying off much better than the people who bought silver at $33. Use your head and buy low and sell high and do not believe propaganda, whether it is Wall st's or the doom and gloomers.

A former buddy of mine was raking in the dough from a large stock purchase, until it instantly became penny stocks. He lost well over a million bucks

I am small time. My investments are around the same amount as my mortgage making my net worth roughly zero. But I kinda like the gamble. I have some real tangible assets as well as some numbers on a computer screen that I may or may not ever see. The point is that I am not "all in" in any area and am young enough to take some risks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top