JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice.

Opinions on Politics. From the country that gave us Hitler. :rolleyes:

Remind him that his country is the size of Oregon and Washing put together.
And then remind him he would be walking if we hadn't rebuilt his shabby little country after the American People and political system, blew it all to HeII fighting Hitler. :D

I know MrMillspecer's questions are rhetorical - but I have an answer for the seatbelts on buses, as I have driven both school buses and motor coaches - seat belts on buses kill people. More kids would die on a school bus where everyone was belted in, rather than sitting on high backed seats like they are now. They would become ugly yellow steel coffins for upto 80 kids at a time. Same with motor coaches - Mark Hatfield's wife lead a campaign to mandate seat belts on motor coaches and school buses after surviving a rather nasty bus wreck - but again, common sense prevails and seat belts are not mandatory. Rule by emotion, rather than science, and you get seat belt laws. Not to mention it would take two adult aides on every school bus to constantly ensure the children were properly buckled in, and sitting in appropriate booster seats. And those booster seats would then have to be removed between runs from elementary to middle schools or high school to elementary - however the districts run them. Thank god it's as rare as it is, but school buses catch fire and you need to be able to GTFO *yesterday* because when they go, they can go quick. The average transit bus and school bus have plywood floors under the vinyl.

As for commercial insurance - you're boned. CDL drivers are going to become a rare breed - not because of technology, but because of an out of control DOT and motor carrier officers with quotas who want to put points on your license just because they can. Honestly, I'm glad I gave up driving a commercial truck, and I'm honest to god thinking about surrendering my CDL rather than wasting money this year on getting a DOT physical.

Since the new CDL rules went into effect a couple years back I've talked to way too many OTR truckers who got sidelined because of chippy BS enforcement, while the real problem children are still on the road. And don't even get me started on the whole driver-camera BS they're pushing, or the electronic log book nonsense. F that.

OK so I haven't tested this one personally. So my lack of endurance for typing will not win. And next time I get a ticket in my full-size dodge Cummings, for no seatbelt, by a cop on a motorcycle that's texting while driving one handed. I will just say " Thank you sir may I have another"

Since automobiles and motorcycles kill more people than every other lethal weapon created by the hands of men.

These are little more than killers, and have no business in the hands of the people! :s0110:

Sarcastic ridicule off.

Be careful what you ask about as the same group of people who want to ban guns want to see less automobiles on the road as well and more mass transit.

I realize school busses are built w safety in mind. But ive learned from years of Wheeling and common sense you don't leave loose objects in the vehicle. I know their not off road. But rollovers could happen. Sorry I'm done.

That mindset is already underway. My friend from Munich was here in December, among things we discussed such as how he spent 4 days unable to function while weeping over Trump's election o_O, he has chided the US over the years for their insistence on using personal vehicles as often as we do. We need to get on public transportation, bicycles or walking. Never mind that he can easily walk about anywhere he needs to where he lives, but we're bad people because we choose to live so far away from work, etc. that we have to rely on individual vehicles on a daily basis. He does have a car, but it sits unused most of the time in favor of alternative modes of transportation.

Once again that insistence that all things European should drive our decisions here is already forming - it's well entrenched in Europe already, and it is moving over here. I won't be surprised to see this during my lifetime.
That was the rationale behind obama's first energy secretary Mr. Chu, and his plan to cure what he called our petroleum "addiction."
He claimed higher gas and diesel prices were a good thing if it curbed our fuel consumption down to euro-levels on a per-person basis. He wanted to see $5.00-6.00 per gallon gas.

Nevermind that we were in that terrible recession. Nevermind that people were losing their jobs and homes.
We need carbon control dammit!

Worst. President. Ever.

So does that mean your a contract firefighter? Like for forest fires?

Any pics of your rigs - I love that kind of stuff :p

I worked for an outfit that did contract for Helibase communications trailers. I love helos:

UH60 Firehawk
100_0989.JPG
Chinook
100_0992.JPG

K-MAX heavy lift helo. There are only 6 of these left operating in the U.S. (Freaky things)
100_0994.JPG
Skycrane
100_0997.JPG

I have many more pics that I took while on various fires etrain16. Let me know if you want to see and I can PM you or send via email.

Only automobiles with automatic transmissions that hold more than 10 gallons of gas should be banned. In Multnomah County all other vehicles are legal as long as they aren't transported outside the owner's home unless the owner has a permit to drive them concealed. In that case they are not allowed to have any gas in the tank.

Don't forget the evil black SUV's. Especially flat black. Their owners even call modifying a vehicle in this manner "Murdered Out!"

This is clearly a sign of their evil murderous intent!

Nice.

Opinions on Politics. From the country that gave us Hitler. :rolleyes:

Remind him that his country is the size of Oregon and Washing put together.
And then remind him he would be walking if we hadn't rebuilt his shabby little country after the American People and political system, blew it all to HeII fighting Hitler. :D

In 30 years of friendship, I've never thrown down the Hitler card, though I got close on this last visit as he was comparing Trump to a near Hitler like status. I kept my cool and stayed on the high ground as he told me how messed up our electoral system was and how we needed to do it like Germany. I did remind him that he's not an American, therefore his view doesn't apply to our country, but thanked him for his advice ;) I've never complained to him about the politics in Germany, but in the last few years he's been doing so to me. Hopefully he'll chill out a bit, at this point the only one threatening this friendship is him.

Oh well, he said he won't come back to the U.S. as long as Trump is President (or Pence). It's going to be a long 16 years before I see my confused friend again :s0140: :s0023: :s0121:

I worked for an outfit that did contract for Helibase communications trailers. I love helos:

UH60 Firehawk
View attachment 337766
Chinook
View attachment 337768

K-MAX heavy lift helo. There are only 6 of these left operating in the U.S. (Freaky things)
View attachment 337769
Skycrane
View attachment 337771

I have many more pics that I took while on various fires etrain16. Let me know if you want to see and I can PM you or send via email.

Years ago as a student/private pilot, I flew out of the Aurora airport, where Columbia was based. I loved watching those Chinooks take off and land. Cool stuff :cool:

Years ago as a student/private pilot, I flew out of the Aurora airport, where Columbia was based. I loved watching those Chinooks take off and land. Cool stuff :cool:

Good people working for Columbia. I helped them with their satellite internet on one fire and they were very appreciative. Stopped short of giving me a Columbia tshirt tho. :(

A while back when Corvallis proposed a gun ban I wrote to the city council with a proposition to ban Halloween decorations (with legitimate reasons), I asked for shutting down the airport and for a ban on autos.

They didn't find my humor as fun as I did.

Only automobiles with automatic transmissions that hold more than 10 gallons of gas should be banned.

This dip sh*t in Cornelius he other night tried to steal a car that was idling in the driveway, but at 20 years old the little tweaker dic head could not drive a standard transmission. :eek::eek:

He then spent the next 5 hours trying to run from the cops until he was taken by a K 9 office who got his just reward in chewing on his scumbag azz.

This dip sh*t in Cornelius he other night tried to steal a car that was idling in the driveway, but at 20 years old the little tweaker dic head could not drive a standard transmission. :eek::eek:

He then spent the next 5 hours trying to run from the cops until he was taken by a K 9 office who got his just reward in chewing on his scumbag azz.

287158-e9088aa7dc85ae7abfaefcad6258b545.jpg

We ought to just ban people.
Since no item be it a car , gun , drug or anything else can harm anything , unless a person misuses it.
( sarcasm , just taking the idea of how bans make us safer and running with it )

A more realistic idea is that folks actually think before they do something.
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews