JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I propose we ban governments and politicians - governments, and the politicians that run them are responsible for more non-natural deaths than any other single cause, dating back to the dawn of government.

Ban ALL use of acronyms... problem solved, no more DMV.

The problem I see with self driving cars is what I see for the banning of physical currency, too easy for the govt to shut them down. They do want us all restricted ya know. :eek:

Why are cigarettes still legal ? Why don't kids on school busses wear seatbelts ? When a trucker gets a ticket. Why are we forced to pay insurance that can be denied on a whim ? Ya and cars and motercycles. The danger. Just do what your told.

I know MrMillspecer's questions are rhetorical - but I have an answer for the seatbelts on buses, as I have driven both school buses and motor coaches - seat belts on buses kill people. More kids would die on a school bus where everyone was belted in, rather than sitting on high backed seats like they are now. They would become ugly yellow steel coffins for upto 80 kids at a time. Same with motor coaches - Mark Hatfield's wife lead a campaign to mandate seat belts on motor coaches and school buses after surviving a rather nasty bus wreck - but again, common sense prevails and seat belts are not mandatory. Rule by emotion, rather than science, and you get seat belt laws. Not to mention it would take two adult aides on every school bus to constantly ensure the children were properly buckled in, and sitting in appropriate booster seats. And those booster seats would then have to be removed between runs from elementary to middle schools or high school to elementary - however the districts run them. Thank god it's as rare as it is, but school buses catch fire and you need to be able to GTFO *yesterday* because when they go, they can go quick. The average transit bus and school bus have plywood floors under the vinyl.

As for commercial insurance - you're boned. CDL drivers are going to become a rare breed - not because of technology, but because of an out of control DOT and motor carrier officers with quotas who want to put points on your license just because they can. Honestly, I'm glad I gave up driving a commercial truck, and I'm honest to god thinking about surrendering my CDL rather than wasting money this year on getting a DOT physical.

Since the new CDL rules went into effect a couple years back I've talked to way too many OTR truckers who got sidelined because of chippy BS enforcement, while the real problem children are still on the road. And don't even get me started on the whole driver-camera BS they're pushing, or the electronic log book nonsense. F that.

Why are cigarettes still legal ? Why don't kids on school busses wear seatbelts ? When a trucker gets a ticket. Why are we forced to pay insurance that can be denied on a whim ? Ya and cars and motercycles. The danger. Just do what your told.

Cigarettes are still legal because the Government taxes the daylights out of them. The more the Government can extract a "sin tax" (just like alcohol and now, Marijuana) the longer they will permit its use.

Follow the money.

LOL, Don't even get me started on DOT! I own A small Fire Company, with Two trucks, One is Just legal at 80k on 3 axles, and the other is Unrestricted on 5 axles! DOT hates me, because of a Fed loophole on Emergency Rigs! I am not required to fill out a log book, I am not required to file taxes on fuel, I can run 'Farm Fuel" or Jet A with out any regulation, I am not required to pay road tax, and I cannot be stopped at scales or ports of entries while on a call! SO they hit me when in route back home ( I am required to stop at scales and ports of entry while not on call) So far, Washington State and California are the two States who cannot figure out what my Fed Permit is all about, and it's a fight every time I am working those states! Ever see a State cop pull over a working fire truck, California is really good at calling all cars on me for "Running the Scales" in route to a big fire, even though my rigs are very clearly marked, have all the appropriate lights and beckons and sirens, and they are clearly marked with the weight on the one, and GVW UNRESTRICTED on the other!!! Yea, DOT is just another policing for profit that makes commercial driving he!!:mad:

Having seen the videos of CHP arresting a fire commander at the scene of a wreck for blocking a highway (something that emergency personnel have the right, and I'd say duty to do in the name of safety) with their engine, I'll believe ya that they pull over a fire rig running code 3. Seriously - I'd say let Cali burn. F 'em. And any CHP troopers who wind up cracked up on the side of the highway - screw 'em. If it takes longer to extricate them, and get them critical care because Fire or EMS can't shut down a highway lane or two for scene safety, because of CHP's asinine "I'm king of the highway" BS screw 'em. Was talking to a customer a couple days ago who is a fairly recent transplant from Cali. He ran a tow truck down there and did rotation towing. He told of getting his bubblegum reamed by one CHP lieutenant for taking half an hour to get to a wreck scene to clear it. The reason? As he was rolling up the shoulder in a miles-long backup, with emergency lights on and going about 10mph, another CHP officer got on her loud speaker and ordered him to get back in traffic, turn off the lights, and wait like everyone else. He said it took calling CHP dispatch and convincing them to start pushing his lane of traffic around the accident to get him moving again, and twenty minutes later he gets an bubblegum chewing for taking too long to arrive. o_O

Gee, based on the title I thought this would be about banning cars to reduce global warming, air pollution, and oil so I came up with a great argument against a ban. Turned out to be a waste of time. Oh well.

They will take my Willys when they pry the steering wheel out of my cold dead hands (at 10 and 2 of course)

I drive a 105,500 GVW Kenworth T800 Dump Truck and Pup trailer in an average day somewhere between 100 and 300 miles. At times all of it in Town (salem mostly) on any given day I see 5 people who should have there licenses yanked and at least two who should go to jail for the crap they pull. And none of them are truck drivers.

I think your right.

I see a day when driving your own car is seen as ''Social irresponsible''.
Much as we view Smoking today. o_O

That mindset is already underway. My friend from Munich was here in December, among things we discussed such as how he spent 4 days unable to function while weeping over Trump's election o_O, he has chided the US over the years for their insistence on using personal vehicles as often as we do. We need to get on public transportation, bicycles or walking. Never mind that he can easily walk about anywhere he needs to where he lives, but we're bad people because we choose to live so far away from work, etc. that we have to rely on individual vehicles on a daily basis. He does have a car, but it sits unused most of the time in favor of alternative modes of transportation.

Once again that insistence that all things European should drive our decisions here is already forming - it's well entrenched in Europe already, and it is moving over here. I won't be surprised to see this during my lifetime.

LOL, Don't even get me started on DOT! I own A small Fire Company, with Two trucks, One is Just legal at 80k on 3 axles, and the other is Unrestricted on 5 axles! DOT hates me, because of a Fed loophole on Emergency Rigs! I am not required to fill out a log book, I am not required to file taxes on fuel, I can run 'Farm Fuel" or Jet A with out any regulation, I am not required to pay road tax, and I cannot be stopped at scales or ports of entries while on a call! SO they hit me when in route back home ( I am required to stop at scales and ports of entry while not on call) So far, Washington State and California are the two States who cannot figure out what my Fed Permit is all about, and it's a fight every time I am working those states! Ever see a State cop pull over a working fire truck, California is really good at calling all cars on me for "Running the Scales" in route to a big fire, even though my rigs are very clearly marked, have all the appropriate lights and beckons and sirens, and they are clearly marked with the weight on the one, and GVW UNRESTRICTED on the other!!! Yea, DOT is just another policing for profit that makes commercial driving he!!:mad:

So does that mean your a contract firefighter? Like for forest fires?

Any pics of your rigs - I love that kind of stuff :p

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads