JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How about getting the D***d government out of our lives. Why does the govt. have any business licencing marraige at all? :huh:

Grey dog my guess is people over react to tragedy and it fuels change often in a bad way and people do dumb things.

1. Anti-abortion activist bombing clinics people panic
2. Lone gun men shoots up a school people say guns are bad.
3. Man 85 runs over people on sidewalk, we must ban or control older drivers.
4. Their is an owl who is endangered so lets put thousands of logger out of a job an close the forest.

There are many examples of crimes that due to paranoya and misinformation feed panic and the government steps in to control it.
Not saying its good, saying its how it is.

There is/was a camera shop in town where I have purchased several cameras over the years. Every purchase came with 'free' classes on using the camera and various photography techniques. Any FFL that wanted to do something like this of their own accord, I think would be smart, and like someone else here said, beneficial to their business.
But, required, developed, overseen, or otherwise touchex, mandated by the government?
HELL NO!
None of this training would have any effect on monsters who want to mass kill before punching their own ticket to hell.

This guy should be slapped back and forth for being an idiot.
And around and around! What an inconsiderate and unsafe Alpha Hotel! Talk about making someone afraid of guns! NOW I have been guilty of of running the old, 'flinch' drill on someone with a revolver but I informed them of what and why we were doing this and when I handed the gun to the drill-ee they knew exactly what was taking place and were to assume the gun had a full chamber and to 'fire' all six.

I prefer that there is no mandatory gun training because if there was then this jackwagon would have known how to preform a malfunction drill and clear the gun to keep shooting

Training will not fix stupid. End of story. There is no contest to that one.

True and even with training people do stupid stuff. However, and not to belabor the driving comparison to much, but if we require 16 year olds to get time under their belt prior to letting them have a license to drive solo then it seems like having some actual hands on safety firearms training is an intelligent thing to do.

True and even with training people do stupid stuff. However, and not to belabor the driving comparison to much, but if we require 16 year olds to get time under their belt prior to letting them have a license to drive solo then it seems like having some actual hands on safety firearms training is an intelligent thing to do.

Yes but do you really see weeks and months of training for someone to be able to exercise their rights?

Yes I agree that the more time and effort someone puts into something the more they will get out of it. This also means the person learning has to want to learn it. You can force someone to take a class and even pass it, you can NOT force them to do anything with that information after that.

Should there be required training for new gun owners ? No.
Should there be required training for gun owners? No.
Should there be required CHL permits for concealed carry? No.
Should non loaded firearms be required for open carry? No.

Has the 2nd Amendment become infringed? Yes.

The original 2nd Amendment.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The current 2nd Amendment should sorta read like...

Numerous laws, rules and regulations have been placed on the 2nd Amendment to regulate who, where, if and when it may be used.

Thinking out loud...another way government accomplishes things like this sometimes is through financial incentives. For example, put a tax on all firearm purchases that must be paid if the purchaser does not have a firearms education but otherwise is waived. Or require insurance for personal injury for those who have not had an education. Etcetera.

Personally I wouldn't support any of this - more money going to government waste, another bureaucracy, another limitation on the second amendment's guarantees, etc.

I don't think CHL laws are constitutional either. In some jurisdictions there are restrictions on knives you can carry and of course there are jurisdictions where CHL is illegal. It's all nonsense, as is the NFA, GC1968, etc. The second amendment is pretty clear.

I'm not even sure that restricting ownership by felons is constitutional. Felons don't lose lots of other rights - why gun ownership? Not that I think criminals buying guys is a good idea but you see my point.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top