JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well for one thing they have the authority to put you in handcuffs and throw you in jail, nobody at Burger King ever threaten me with that. Originally we let them come in to our country and work so they can pick fruit and do the low paying jobs Americans don't want to do and go home with their money when the season is over Now it appears they want people with non-vested interests that they can get to just "follow orders" to police us.
But they already fly our planes, do medical procedures, etc. I think there is a disconnect between the stereotypical migrant workers and other professional H1B workers. They still have to qualify, pass a background check, pass a psychological eval. Not really just open to everyjuan and anyjuan. I can understand the hesitancy, but I think it is a bit overblown.

Police officer is not a public elected office. It is no different than any other state, county, or municipal job. That is a pretty big leap, like apples to oranges leap.
Eh, it's a little different.

Something about the idea of an alien - legal or not - arresting or even detaining an American citizen kind of gives me the creeps. I'm still not sure exactly why, but it doesn't feel right to me.

And I'll just go right ahead and mention the word xenophobia before one of our beloved trolls starts banging that drum... :rolleyes: I'm comfortable with different cultures and so forth, so keep it in your pants.

GET OFF MY LAWN!!

FWIW: Every immigrant I've known seems to have a much higher regard for the Constitution than our current and last 3 Presidents combined.
My best friend immigrated here legally from China when he was 18, easily one of the most solid straight arrow people I've ever met. I cannot logically come up with one reason why we need or why it would be good to have police officers who are not legal citizens. We are not short of people, we are not short of training, and we're giving billions of dollars away so clearly we're not short of money.

My best friend immigrated here legally from China when he was 18, easily one of the most solid straight arrow people I've ever met. I cannot logically come up with one reason why we need or why it would be good to have police officers who are not legal citizens. We are not short of people, we are not short of training, and we're giving billions of dollars away so clearly we're not short of money.
Buying votes that aren't "republican" but are "red" in a sense...(Red China.......) remember, these are the same people who are fully on board with the UN agendas and fully against the idea of the US having sovereign nation status :rolleyes:

That is reasonable and I can respect that. Thank you.

Guess he put me on his ignore list too; oh well. Not my monkey, not my circus :s0140:
:s0140:

giphy.webp

My best friend in HS came from South Africa. There's no way in hell I'd want that idiot to be a cop! :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top