JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to Threat Dynamics today to compare a couple different handguns. I'm no competitive shooter by any means. I just thought the results were interesting.

10 shot groups. All ammo was same brand 115 grain FMJ 9mm.

Here were the guns tested:

Sig Sauer P320
Glock 45
Walther PPQ
Glock 43x

2859B91D-CA44-4C6F-8486-38CA2AADD69B.jpeg

Yessir 7 yds.

Couple of those groups are darn pretty for 7 yards, at least by my meager personal standards :)

I am suprised the 320 was so spread out, I found it to be a very shootable gun many years ago, but maybe the newer drop safe ones have a less easy trigger? Or it just didn't fit your hand well?

Looks like the walther shot well for you. Would be interesting next time you go to see if the PPS shot as well as the PPQ for you if you need a CCW gun.

Sorry, my P320 refuses to have Glock envy. I do prefer 124 grain 9mm.
.40 conversion is even better.
Reacher I agree with you. I need to go back and do this with 124 gr and some +p. Also need to try actual big boy ammo that someone would shoot in a situation. I think I will do that and then see what happens. I have heard that Sigs like 124 gr. Hear that Glock43x and Sig P365 like +P. We will see. Believe me I don't want to be a Glock fan boy, but my Glock 45 is being very nice to me.

Reacher I agree with you. I need to go back and do this with 124 gr and some +p. Also need to try actual big boy ammo that someone would shoot in a situation. I think I will do that and then see what happens. I have heard that Sigs like 124 gr. Hear that Glock43x and Sig P365 like +P. We will see. Believe me I don't want to be a Glock fan boy, but my Glock 45 is being very nice to me.

I've had the same experience with my G45, very nice tight groupings. She had taken the number two spot in my favorite guns to shoot and is doing a damn good job of trying to dethrone my G17C.

Readers need to understand that this is data for a particular shooter only... each person should get different results based on intangibles such as grip preference, technique, etc. Tangible things like handgun weight preferences can also make a diff.

Good test! My point is that each shooter needs to do his own testing in a similar fashion rather than accept somebody else's results. :)

Readers need to understand that this is data for a particular shooter only... each person should get different results based on intangibles such as grip preference, technique, etc. Tangible things like handgun weight preferences can also make a diff.

Good test! My point is that each shooter needs to do his own testing in a similar fashion rather than accept somebody else's results. :)
True words. I remember in the Police Academy they first had us qualify on Sig P229 9mm. Half of the class was shooting lights out with Sig. others were ok. 1 week later our Dept switched to Glock 23 .40 and the people that shot well with Sig did worse with Glock 23. And vice versa. Interesting how grip, weight, caliber, etc play into it.

True words. I remember in the Police Academy they first had us qualify on Sig P229 9mm. Half of the class was shooting lights out with Sig. others were ok. 1 week later our Dept switched to Glock 23 .40 and the people that shot well with Sig did worse with Glock 23. And vice versa. Interesting how grip, weight, caliber, etc play into it.
Do you have hands that could be called large, small, or average? Trained LEO, correct? thanks.

Many people do not shoot Glock well. Some will complain about grip angle or size, others about the trigger. I shot my double stack P14.45 really well, but since I had to switch to Glock due to arthritis, not shooting as well. I was spoiled with a light, crisp, single action trigger!!!

Many people do not shoot Glock well. Some will complain about grip angle or size, others about the trigger. I shot my double stack P14.45 really well, but since I had to switch to Glock due to arthritis, not shooting as well. I was spoiled with a light, crisp, single action trigger!!!

There's that...but the difference in 9mm and .40 is substantial. The CZ 75 of wifey's, and my CZ SP01 in .40, quite a difference in recoil. And the SP01 is heavier.

This is why I have LONG tried to get someone who is new to shooting to TRY first. Every time someone asks "which gun should I buy?" They get a ton of answers from shooters who have a certain gun and like it. This often does not translate well when the new shooter buys one. Grips, sights, weight, perceived recoil and such make a huge difference. How one person does with a gun will not be the same as 10 other people. Even putting pistol in a good rest and showing it does great means little other than that one particular example does. Used to be I was pretty cavalier with this. Would tell people if it feels good buy it. If you don't like it you can just sell it for most of what you have in it. Well those days are long over in this state. Buy a new gun now and find you do not like it good luck. You can of course easily sell it if you don't mind taking a hit in the wallet. The days of selling it for what you paid or close to it are over here. So far better to find a place with rentals. It's far cheaper to pay the rental price and can be down right fun getting to try many and see what you like.
I had to buy another safe I have so many guns now. Don't want a lot of them any more but don't "need" the cash so can't see selling them at a loss. :cool:

K. But I thought the OP was shooting all 9mm, same weight same brand...

Yes, but OP referred to the department changing from one gun in 9mm to another in .40. My point being .40, in my experience, is quite a change from 9mm. SNAPPY!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top